Like Tree7Likes

NVIDIA RTX 3050 VS AMD Radeon Graphics? Fortress/Broadway Staff - Better Listening To Them?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chekki:
    The staff at FORTRESS and BROADWAY are saying that AMD RADEON and AMD RYZEN don't have a higher performance than intel and NVIDIA.
    Ah, also wanted to add - they do get more profits for selling Intel/NVIDIA laptops/PCs. Both because they are more expensive for same level of performance and because Intel sometimes "adds extra" both to laptop makers and resellers. Not sure about Fortress, but keep in mind that the guy may be just biased because he'll get bonus for selling Intel/NVIDIA.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    Not sure about Fortress, but keep in mind that the guy may be just biased because he'll get bonus for selling Intel/NVIDIA.
    ASUS would get the marketing funds to pass on as incentives... Not fortress.
    Grinnie Jax likes this.

How intensive is your video editing? 1080P or 4K?

You're better off getting something with a better GFx. ASUS actually have others available in your range:-

https://www.asus.com/hk-en/laptops/f...s=Vivobook-Pro

Alternatively, have you considered a refurbished Mac Book Pro?

https://www.apple.com/hk/shop/refurb...lid---product-

Last edited by ArrynField; 21-11-2022 at 04:50 PM.

The laptop is for casual office/home based use as you said. Also, I use Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop. I do some light online gaming from time to time.

Yes, I do have considered about Lenovo. However, I have gained some awesome experience with ASUS. Another reason why I want to stick with ASUS is that ASUS has OLED, blue light eye care, and more vivid colors.

I’m thinking of 4-5 years long term use and considering adding those new features such as OLED. OLED will be used on any other laptop brands and become standard.

so yeah…

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    What do you plan to use your laptop for? If it is for casual / home & office use - I am not too sure if either of the choice make any significant difference.

Have you considered Lenovo? Or is there a specific reason you're going with ASUS?

Have always considered ASUS a second tier brand and swear by Lenovo for reliability and after sales service for Windows laptops.

It’s good to hear that you have experienced with AMD based laptops. Definitely, AMD has outperform in the past years and even in the stock market. Luckily, I invested in AMD back in 2017.

Anyway, my 2 models that I have researched are all fixed integrated. I can’t even add the RAM. These ASUS laptops only have 1 slot.

Thanks! I learned something new from you.

I have two AMD-based laptops and also AMD-based desktop. I couldn't be happier. Ryzen is a whole different story for AMD, absolutely incomparable to poor Bulldozers. And their GPUs are rocking as well. Anyway, discrete GPU is discrete GPU, but I manage to play Forza 4 on integrated AMD graphics, its margin getting narrower with low-end discrete GPUs. I would just recommend paying attention to RAM - it should have dual-channel (like 8+8 in DUAL channel, same RAM sticks preferably), not just 16Gb stuck in a single channel.

Because bandwidth is everything for integrated GPU. I updated my laptop with 2 sticks of faster RAM in dual channel and it's rocking.

I heard the same thing from other YouTubers. Definitely, I’m not going to get U. 5800H is the only option on the two models that I’m debating.

Thats bullshit. From my own experience Ryzens have better power/consumption ratio. I also have 11th gen Intel laptop - not impressed at all. Especially compared to my other 5700U and 5800H laptops.

I use Adobe Premiere. I do online gaming from time to time. I used to be a heavy gamer, but I’m the opposite now.

It’s good to know from you that 5800H is quite strong! So, I’m on the track of the two options.

Also, the 5800H doesn’t overheat what I have heard….

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    So upon checking pictures, first laptop (one with RTX 3050) has dedicated GPU and other does not - it just utilizes integrated GPU (AMD Radeon Vega 8 CU variant) - which in most cases can not compete with dedicated GPU - but then usage of system can be deciding factor E.g. gaming would show difference, productivity might not. Integrated GPU will share it's memory from RAM. The processor (5800H) is quite strong at 8C/16T with Zen3 architecture on AMD side and can easily be compared to likes of i7-11800H, i7-12700H on Intel side. What software are you going to use for video editing ?

Thanks for letting me/us know! I never knew that they even get profits! And especially for NVIDIA..

This might be the reason why they pushed me to buy INTEL!

I don’t want to say that they don’t have any knowledge about computers, but sales people can be very tricky.

Ah, also wanted to add - they do get more profits for selling Intel/NVIDIA laptops/PCs. Both because they are more expensive for same level of performance and because Intel sometimes "adds extra" both to laptop makers and resellers. Not sure about Fortress, but keep in mind that the guy may be just biased because he'll get bonus for selling Intel/NVIDIA.

Currently, video editing 1080p. I believe, for 4k, I need a stronger graphic card and processor.

I haven’t planned and even considered to get a mac. I’m married to WINDOWS from the beginning on when I owned my first windows computer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    How intensive is your video editing? 1080P or 4K?

You're better off getting something with a better GFx. ASUS actually have others available in your range:-

https://www.asus.com/hk-en/laptops/f...s=Vivobook-Pro

Alternatively, have you considered a refurbished Mac Book Pro?

https://www.apple.com/hk/shop/refurb...lid---product-

Both laptops have the integrated AMD Radeon Graphics as it comes with the R7 5800H.

The M3401QC benefits from an independent GPU: RTX3050 and 1TB SSD storage. It’s only $8150 at www.price.com.hk

Name:  C8D5F2B9-8F65-4A81-A647-02AD08F2C123.jpeg
Views: 45
Size:  794.1 KB

Would I be correct in assuming that you should be able to switch between the integrated graphics and the GPU from the Device Manager depending on which you wanted to use?

Attachment 87810