Like Tree16Likes

Making ID card photo apps work?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Making ID card photo apps work?

The ones that banks use - you take a photo of your ID card in different positions... I cannot for the life of me get them to work. They always time out before I get the card in the right position. Is there some trick I just don't know or are they crap technology. Was trying to apply for a Standard Chartered card yesterday and after about an HOUR of trying to get this to work, I gave up.

East_coast likes this.

Put the card on a clean A3 paper and then a bright light from above

shri and East_coast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ramelec:
    This .. no glare in the card and also keep the card stationary / flat and mive your phone.

These apps are annoying .. but they eventually work. Wish they switched to iAMsmart based user auth.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Wish they switched to iAMsmart based user auth.
    Cannot-lah

The iAMsmart name seems like an unfortunate amount of pressure to put on the app and the user.

shri, muzzdang and bdw like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ramelec:
    what about the tipping it 30 degrees in one direction? Any tips for that?

You should be moving the phone, not the ID card.
    Place the ID card on the table and tilt the phone only.

emx, shri and HK_Katherine like this.

Sounds like me struggling with the stupid shadow under room lighting because I do this mostly night time ;p my best solution so far - find a post-it note and stick ur card to part of it, leaving enough post-it note for you to hold the card up w/o ur fingers getting in the way of the card. Hold mobile up to same level as your eyes, then card (by post-it) up to same level behind phone when it is time to take the shot. So phone and card straight up 90degrees, perpendicular to ground level.

When I don't have a post-it or tape or similar, then whatever position I can prop the card onto and hope for the best..

HK_Katherine likes this.

At least you didn't had to work on the one with a 30s timer for the last ID photo you are suppose to submit. Can't remember which app but it took me like 4 or 5 times before clearing the last round.. worse than playing some games to clear the boss enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    At least you didn't had to work on the one with a 30s timer for the last ID photo you are suppose to submit. Can't remember which app but it took me like 4 or 5 times before clearing the last round.. worse than playing some games to clear the boss enemy.
    Standard Chartered CC app..?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast