ISP Contracts at the SME level ...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

>> the cost setting of up the structure probably outweighs the benefits in this case...

Indeed it does. We're talking HKD60K per year in bandwidth. Not worth it.

I do have to get a statement from OFTA on how they feel such contracts from every single ISP I can think of promote free markets.

shri, not sure why you go through all this hooha Time is money and you are wastiing plenty of it. Sign up to Diyixian.

In the 8 or 9 years I've been with them and I've not had to ever look at the terms. Why bother with all this legal stuff, just pay a bit more and get the service that works.

I find that most good companies like theirs have the problem of communicating that cheap means paying more and upfront...... As for free services they are very costly, but truly free to who don't value time (and money).

21877600 call them

hk.com - well, if and when they send me a contract to review, I will. I'm waiting on their sales guy to send me something, but I expect it will have the same issues.

The problem is there are multiple service providers involved and if and when things go wrong, it is so easy for all of them to sit on their thumbs and blame PCCW (who own the trunk in our building).

By the way, would have signed up with them a couple of weeks ago - but someone we both know got me distracted with another ISP.

It is quite the opposit, if the local loop does not work or perform properly the non Telco ISP like Diyixian will do something about will chase PCCW. The have more influence of getting them to do something as they are paying much bigger sums than you and me will ever pay PCCW.

As for the terms forget them. These local operators don't do SLA's. you want SLA's call a carrier, but be ready to pay.

To me you are still going the wrong way about it...

I think ISPs should insert adverts into pages given the prices paid. I would have years ago if I was still running an ISP. People will sell out their privacy, Googles success is proof.

So - now the OP is deleting posting anonymously ?

Poster beware indeed !!