Place to sell my old laptop

Closed Thread

Place to sell my old laptop

My laptop is about 4 yrs old, from toshiba.
    Is there a place in hk where I can sell my old laptop?
    I heard there's one in wan chai and mongkok, do u know a specific direction? Also, how much will I get from selling it?

Any of the computer centres will have plenty of stores that sell secondhand laptops.

Obviously the price you get is dependant on the condition and the spec of it.

4 year old laptop with a retail price as new for say 14K you might get about $2000 or so and they'll try to sell it on for about $4k.

4 years.... depends on the spec.

Getting HK$800 to HK$1600
    Sold for HK$1600. to HK$2600.

cmlg

Where to sell my PC/computer parts

Dear ALL,

I bought a assembly PC from Golen Centre two years ago. This PC drove me crazy as always had hardware/softwares problems. I have spent more than $1,000 in the past two years to fix the problems

I already bought a new HP540 laptop but waiting for delivery.

As I live in NT, I don't want to take this heavy thing to Kowloon. Does anyone know where I can sell my old PC (harddisk+monitor+keyboard+mouse)? OR I shall disassemble the old PC and sell computer parts only? e.g. RAM, harddisk and monitor...

Any ideas?

Strip it and sell seperately, take a look at ebay to get an idea of what the prices are like.

Quote Originally Posted by cmlg:
    Dear ALL,

I bought a assembly PC from Golen Centre two years ago. This PC drove me crazy as always had hardware/softwares problems. I have spent more than $1,000 in the past two years to fix the problems

I already bought a new HP540 laptop but waiting for delivery.

As I live in NT, I don't want to take this heavy thing to Kowloon. Does anyone know where I can sell my old PC (harddisk+monitor+keyboard+mouse)? OR I shall disassemble the old PC and sell computer parts only? e.g. RAM, harddisk and monitor...

Any ideas?
    Strip it down and put on yahoo auctions or red-dots

thanks for your tip