• 1 Post By Peaky
  • 1 Post By Morrison
  • 2 Post By chobochobo
  • 2 Post By chobochobo
  • 1 Post By shri

picture management on ipad

picture management on ipad

All pictures are in folder Recent

When I create a subfolder , eG Amsterdam then I can select and move them there

However, the same pictures are still in the Recent folder, and when I delete them there then they are also gone in the subfolder

Recent isn't a real folder, it is basically shortcuts to recently accessed files. They will disappear once other things outside Amsterdam get more attention!

shri and emx like this.

It’s the same problem when I go photos and move them from the photo library.
    Once I delete them they are also gone in the folder that I created

It's not a normal file system... photo library is also not a “regular” folder but just everything it discovers among the file system.

Similar on android where for example unless you suppress it in the settings all the WhatsApp message photos appear in the photo library alongside what you snap on the camera.

One day they'll come up with a proper OS interface for ipads that combines touch and productivity but for now it's beyond the wit of man.

Morrison likes this.

In other words, put it all in folders and just leave Recents and Photo Library as it is.

emx likes this.

IpadOS seriously needs a normal file handling system.

Morrison and newhkpr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    IpadOS seriously needs a normal file handling system.
    It is pretty good - no major issues.

What "Recents" is .. essentially a view of the file system that sorts the files by last modified timestamps. Moving the file to another folder will not change that "last modified" date. However since there is just one file (not multiple files in the "Recents" "Folder" - again not a folder, a view AND the folder you moved the files to). You delete the file from the view or the folder and its gone or placed in the bin.

I think it is terrible, one of the very annoying things with Photos, assuming it is the same as with an iPhone (don't use the iPad for photos)

I would like to see that you can choose in which album certain photos are stored automatically (for example different whatsapp group photos are stored automatically in different albums)

Now you have to be very diligent in saving the photos manually in different albums, otherwise you just have thousands of photos all together. (I tried to do it but gave up as it's too much work)
    Try to find a picture in the main folder is like finding a needle in a haystack.

I have a third gen ipad pro 12.9 that I got to use Procreate to do some line drawings for a project. Since then I've been trying to use it as a 'laptop replacement' each time a reviewer says that the OS is finally there. I've even bought those Brydge keyboards (which are nice from a build point of view). But simple stuff like opening files from a USB drive with the app that i want seems to be a fight to put it in the right place etc. I guess if you're fully into the ecosystem and have all your stuff in icloud then it may be better but it's never worked well for me.
    Just a few months ago, I used my Ipad for a teams meeting where I was going to present a powerpoint and even that simple process of using a ppt that was on my usb was more complicated than it should have been.

shri and Morrison like this.

Life is a lot simpler for me as everything is on Google Cloud.. chrome, photos, docs and sheets etc work well on both the iPad and Mac* devices.

Morrison likes this.