IPOD Touch Question

Closed Thread

IPOD Touch Question

I recently discovered that my current ipod touch is having issues, so I have decided to replace it. However I have a few concerns:

Will I lose all my music from my old ipod or will it be as simple as plugging it in and copying all my applications, music, vids onto it?

you'll lose all your music if you swap your old one for a new one, but the music should be on your Itune, that's what you use to put music on the old one, isn't it? Then, you can resync your new one on Itune to get all the music back.

Woodpecker

I have a similar issue with my ipod nano. The problem is all my music on itunes are on my pc in Canada. Is there a way to download my music library currently on my ipod to itunes on my laptop?

Thanks for the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kman:
    I have a similar issue with my ipod nano. The problem is all my music on itunes are on my pc in Canada. Is there a way to download my music library currently on my ipod to itunes on my laptop?
    install itunes on the laptop and then connect, It should back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    No, it's not that easy, in fact if I were to do that when it would Synch with my Ipod all it would do is basically erase all my songs on the Ipod. I did a google search on it and there are several software options that can do this kind of transfer so I will try one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    I don't think iTunes does a two way sync