What Camera do you own?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

yeah when it comes to P&S i'm leaning towards Canon but even those new ones that have great features are a bit bulky, G9 & G10. does canon have any P&S cam that supports 16:9 mode?

....& NO - having a DSLR doesn't make you an instant good(pro) photogrpaher. some are complaining that their P&S takes better picture than their DSLR's coz some don't have any idea on the Basics about Light - which photography is all about. "why is my subject dark! i'use the flash for it" errrrrrr

for dslr's i've had a few and even jumped ship from canon to nikon. currently using a d3 and a d90.

but the camera i take with me most of the time is the Lumix LX3. Just love it! I'll let you try it the next time we see each other Mengfei.

fm7

My main camera is a D50, but I've taken a lot of good pics with a Lumix FX07. That is a great little camera, especially if you take control of the settings.

The best thing I've read about choosing a camera - Your Camera Doesn't Matter

hmm... i don't know about that one. i take whatever Ken says (despite him being the Chuck Norris of photography) with a grain of salt.

try shooting in low light with a PnS and compare that with a DSLR. hit around ISO 400 on a PnS and you'll have noise galore.

Picture Taking Pose

So which one of these pose represents you photographers.

i just hope nobody here does this ... =P

Quote Originally Posted by TaLL|dUdE:
    Just love it! I'll let you try it the next time we see each other Mengfei.
    cool! i wish to have that cam also, hope we can meet up soon
    maybe you could suggest a good place for the new guys here

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread16930-30.html

canon 40D, 17-85IS 430EX2 50Prime .. don't use it nearly enough

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    People have this myth that a larger and/or more expensive camera will automatically turn them into Ansel Adams.
    Yeah I thought that too
    I'm pretty proud of my eye for composition.. but I honestly believed my DSLR would be like buying talent in a little black box and my desired results would just 'happen'
    .. there's still alot in between

oh and auto mode rocks for the 50:1 bad:good ratio