renewing Now broadband and tv

Closed Thread

renewing Now broadband and tv

Just really any FYI

Renewed my Now broadband and TV package just now.

Its a 12 month commitment.

Total amount is HK$320 for 6MB and Star World, Star Movies and AXN (210 for broadband and 110 for the tv channels).

I am aware there are probably better deals out there, but I could not find a better one for a 12 month commitment.

I got a call from the other day because my 18 month commitment is up. They spent ages trying to get me to sign up to all sorts of new packages, all of which seemed to be a bit more expensive than my existing one (albeit with one or two more channels). After a while batting this backwards and forward I realised I hadn't asked a key question: "What happens if I do nothing?"

The answer was that everything just rolls on at the current price on a month-by-month basis with no further commitment necessary.

So make sure you ask that question - if you don't want to change anything from your current package there is no need to enter into some new commitment period just to continue to get what you're getting.

The script that the CS agent had obviously had a "if the customer asks this we've been rumbled, just end the call very quickly and see igf you can sucker the next one" line in it because that ended the discussion right away.

thanks

i actually wanted to change my channels, and this packages works out about the same as my existing package.

i had many phone calls in regards to the end of my 18 month contact ( within the last 2 months), even though i said i was not interested in extension with a marginal increase of monthly subscription with no benefits or extras ( HK$230 standard package TV + broadband with choice of 3 additional channels), after many irritating phones called from now, i said that i will be moving out in the summer ( bs, to stop the calls),
    so i don't need a renew of any contract and hey presto, now i am paying HK$220 with no contract and more importantly no more phone calls...

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I got a call from the other day because my 18 month commitment is up. They spent ages trying to get me to sign up to all sorts of new packages, all of which seemed to be a bit more expensive than my existing one (albeit with one or two more channels). After a while batting this backwards and forward I realised I hadn't asked a key question: "What happens if I do nothing?"

The answer was that everything just rolls on at the current price on a month-by-month basis with no further commitment necessary.

So make sure you ask that question - if you don't want to change anything from your current package there is no need to enter into some new commitment period just to continue to get what you're getting.

The script that the CS agent had obviously had a "if the customer asks this we've been rumbled, just end the call very quickly and see igf you can sucker the next one" line in it because that ended the discussion right away.
    This is a really useful piece of info. I was going to ask this question in a few months when my original 2 yr subscription gets close to expiring... now I know.... DO NOTHING!!!