Cable TV sucks!! : (

Closed Thread

Cable TV sucks!! : (

Ahh.... Cable TV drives me crazy. : (
    I started my contract in early 2007 and I m paying a little bit more than $300 for internet, TV and a landline. They told me yesterday that the expiry date was October 2008 or so (probably around 18 months after the start). Since then I m in a monthly plan that can be cancelled at any time. All good, but... I m moving within my estate. According to their call centre agents / supervisors I have no chance but to commit to a new contract - minimum duration 24 months - in order to keep the price which is a very special VIP thing bla bla bla....
    If not I would need to switch to their monthly plan which would cost more than $600 per month, an additional relocation fee would occur, too.
    What the heck? I questioned this thing and I was told that everything in Hong Kong is expensive now and therefore this special rate would not exist any longer... ahhhh. Anybody with the same experience?
    I even told them I would consider to switch to a competitor - but they didnt care. : (

Cancel with them immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars:
    Cancel with them immediately.
    Good luck with that then, You obviously have missed all the posts about I-Cable hanging on like super glue !!!

Hi,

Most people I know have good comments about HKBN. They have a stable upload/download speed and their CS is often quick and easy to get to (no pressing xxx buttons and waiting xxx minutes).
    HKD178/mth will get you 25M line (About 3M upload/download)

You have to check if your estate supports it though, if not them you are better off (slightly) with PCCW instead of I-Cable.

Don't know if HKBN's level of English is good though...

Good luck on cancelling the I-Cable contract - fax the cancellation and them send it by post... Then cut the bank account that they autodeduct from! I have had a nightmare before with cancelling I-cable where they deny receiving the the cancellation letter.

Regards,
    Ken

if you wanna complain, don't bother with the cs, no use, limited use as they have their hands ties, search for the company's gen manager, even VP or ceo name, assume you know the suffix of their company's e mail, etc, "@icable.com.hk" ( this could be trial and error as you trying guess the e mail address, eg, sometimes there is _ or . between the names, with trail and error, you will find the correct e mail addresss, eg, [email protected] or [email protected] etc...

send a long , yet polite letter to them, resend again and again, then change the tone with a stronger stance, then if nothing works say that you say a bad word about the company to all the expat forums as well as local, even to the media

you should get a response ( sometimes quicker than you expected, based on experience), maybe even on your first attempt!!!