• Yes

39 58.21%
  • No

28 41.79%
Like Tree10Likes

do you have a clothes dryer?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Don't have a dryer, never used one either. On dry days we hang the laundry outside (light well) on humid/wet days we hang it up in the guest bath room with a dehumidifier on.

East_coast and flameproof like this.

I have a washer/dryer combo and use the dryer function all the time, for everything (I am a guy so I consider the "washing instructions" on clothes to be completely optional). I haven't been able to live without one - love it.

I have windows.

virago likes this.

used a dryer in nyc/all my life....though since i've been here, i don't have a dryer- then again i don't do my own laundry- my part time maid does the luandry/hanging - using a dehumidifyer on the wetter days..

our washing machine claims to be a dryer also.. but thats bullshit

There's a poll mounted from the ceiling by the windows in the spare room that gets lots of light .. we hang stuff on that with coat hangers and just put it away when dry

(this is pretty rate tho, its ~30hkd for a bag of washing to be done, dried and folded for you.. why do it yourself)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyFitz:
    our washing machine claims to be a dryer also.. but thats bullshit
    I think I have the same machine!

I hang clothes outside when it is sunny / windy. If it is rainy for a week, then I use the laundry downstairs which costs HK$30 or so.

Yes, have one. Our washer/dryer id not do the job of drying well enough so we got a Fisher & Paykel Dryer for drying. It's not expensive and it does a superb job. Used it in Australia, then Malaysia. So we decided to buy the same one here in HK.

I think the poll needs to have Do you use a "stand alone dryer" or do you use a washer/dryer combo.

I find most people have the combo but I found it never really got my clothes dry. We purchased a stand alone dryer and I was much happier!

Have a stand alone dryer which came with the apartment. Use it all the time and gets stuff dry in an hour usually. Have a wash stand on one of the balconies but all it does it drip water from the rain.

I've moaned about the house looking like a laundry so today my wife went out and bought a different kind of dryer? It's like a clothes stand and you put a bag over it, has a tube for taking moisture out, plugs in and supposedly dries clothes in an hour.....haven't seen it yet....will report back!

attkrt likes this.