67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 58.21%
  • No

28 41.79%
Like Tree10Likes

do you have a clothes dryer?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I've moaned about the house looking like a laundry so today my wife went out and bought a different kind of dryer? It's like a clothes stand and you put a bag over it, has a tube for taking moisture out, plugs in and supposedly dries clothes in an hour.....haven't seen it yet....will report back!

attkrt likes this.

Seems legit...

About the dryer!

emmie and East_coast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS
    Seems legit...

About the dryer!
    Doubles as a punching bag in downtime. Kids would love it I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by virago
    Doubles as a punching bag in downtime. Kids would love it I would say.
    That's cool, takes the heat off me!!
    virago likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS
    I've moaned about the house looking like a laundry so today my wife went out and bought a different kind of dryer? It's like a clothes stand and you put a bag over it, has a tube for taking moisture out, plugs in and supposedly dries clothes in an hour.....haven't seen it yet....will report back!
    Very intrigued by this dryer. Saw it at Park-nShop. Let me know your reviews and if it bounced your electrical bill way up.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by attkrt
    Very intrigued by this dryer. Saw it at Park-nShop. Let me know your reviews and if it bounced your electrical bill way up.

Thanks in advance.
    There is also a shop in Home Square in Shatin that sells these products. 4-5 different sizes Shop 340 from memory.

http://www.homesquare.com.hk/shop/se...ure/owell.html

We have a washer which spins water out at 1200RPM. Previous we had a washer/dryer combo but never once did we use the dryer.

These things are also sold at Justco- do report back on how well they work.

We rejected the idea as as they look pretty big, strike me as an unsafe concept (it's a fan heater blowing into an enclosed space) and presumably excess moisture and heat get pumped straight into the apartment.

there are so many dehumidifiers with laundry drying functions on them. The one we got has an auto and a hi-function for laundry. It was one we got from Fortress and was on the low to mid-range price.

Thumbs up Dehumidifiers are the way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    These things are also sold at Justco- do report back on how well they work.

We rejected the idea as as they look pretty big, strike me as an unsafe concept (it's a fan heater blowing into an enclosed space) and presumably excess moisture and heat get pumped straight into the apartment.

Well, right behind me now is a clothes drying rack, & in close proximity there's ~37 year old table fan - on the floor (bought when I first came to HK) and backed up by two (flat-topped & near silent) Hitachi dehumidifiers to suck the dampened air back to a dry state again.

I must admit that the heat from the dehums often "gets to me" - and I switch on the aircon to cool me off - and dry the air at the same time.

A few hours of this - and the heavy load of washing is dry without the additional expense of a separate drier to the washing machine...... and, as I recall, one Hitachi I got from AX seller for about $500 several years ago, and the other was gifted to me when my sister-in-law upped and left for Canada - 15 or so years ago!

Secondhand dehums are often "cheap enough" - when they become available, and the family has 5 flat-topped Hitachi, & 3 other brands to keep us dry.

YMMV, but I'd go for dehums instead of that device shown earlier !

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast