• Yes

39 58.21%
  • No

28 41.79%
Like Tree10Likes

do you have a clothes dryer?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by amitsingh_hk
    there are so many dehumidifiers with laundry drying functions on them. The one we got has an auto and a hi-function for laundry. It was one we got from Fortress and was on the low to mid-range price.
    They still take a lot longer to dry a big load of laundry than a tumble drier though, and you have to end up with clothes occupying most of a small sized room for most of a day.

Dehumidifiers are quite power-hungry, and given that they run for longer times than a tumble drier, they seem more of a compromise device.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    They still take a lot longer to dry a big load of laundry than a tumble drier though, and you have to end up with clothes occupying most of a small sized room for most of a day.

Dehumidifiers are quite power-hungry, and given that they run for longer times than a tumble drier, they seem more of a compromise device.

In my eyes, a tumble-drier is faster, but is probably the electrical equivalent of a "Gas Guzzler" - albeit for a shorter running time.

Of course, with a tumble-drier, you do need an external oriface - in the window or wall - to discharge the steamy hot air.

I have one of those stand up dryer things. I only use it in the winter time as it kind of doubles as a heater with all the heat that it emits. It's ok and depending on how much or how thick your clothes are it can take awhile. That said I only operate it when I'm home as I worry about the safety. Otherwise I second using the dehumidifier to help dry your clothes

The dryers that expulses te air out the window are better than the ones that recycle the air within the premises. Dryers also leave your towels softer and smells nicer than hung clothes that are dried by dehumidifier or air dry.

seriously I don't have the space or energy to waste on a tumble dryer....

In my opinion the electricity costs, costs to the environment and space costs that a tumble dryer takes up far outweighs the benefits to me. personally, there is little if any difference in tumble dried over dehumidifier dried....

Last edited by amitsingh_hk; 30-09-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    Elegiaque likes this.

Angry "Balcony Dried"

[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs
    The dryers that expulses te air out the window are better than the ones that recycle the air within the premises. Dryers also leave your towels softer and smells nicer than hung clothes that are dried by dehumidifier or air dry.

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"]

Of course, our balcony is greatly used in clothes drying!

But it does mean, during inclement Wx, that occasionally someone has to rush there to retrieve the items & transfer to the "drying room" with its 2 dehums + fan to dry them off.

We hang our clothes out on the balcony, which works well most of the time. If its rainy, they go to the laundromat.

Hanging clothes on the balcony is so common.

[runs to dodge verbal abuse about to come my way]

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega
    Hanging clothes on the balcony is so common.

[runs to dodge verbal abuse about to come my way]
    Its OK, I never said I wasn't common

Exclamation "Bamboo poled 'Flags' "

I seem to recall many low-co$t housing units had almost perpetual "Flag Waving" Bamboo poles of drying clothes when I first arrived in HK ~37 years ago.

There's not so many poles flaunting underwear now!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast