Best Pay TV movie channel

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best Pay TV movie channel

Hi,

I am about to move into my new flat next week and want to order Internet and pay TV with netvigator/ now TV.

Which, in your opinion are the best movie channels? I am only interested in some nice movies, TV series and sports I can watch over the Internet.

I am a bit clueless about the available channels.

And I was quoted 250 HKD for a 6 Mbit/ 280 for a 8 Mbit line and one free channel with NOW (the 30M fiber broadband is not a/v in my building). Is this a fair deal?

Appreciate your answers!

6mb and 8mb is not much difference in my opinion so save the 30$ and just get the 6mb line. for now tv you should the website and see what channels you want and get a quote. If it were up to me, i would get a quote for all channels which i think is going for around $500 but thats me. Welcome to now-tv.com

The TV companies are quite smart - the good content is spread around the multiple channels. So it's hard to pick just one movie channel or one sports channel. If you watch movies a lot you'll probably want all of them, and likewise with sports. If you want cricket you'll need CableTV as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    The TV companies are quite smart - the good content is spread around the multiple channels. So it's hard to pick just one movie channel or one sports channel. If you watch movies a lot you'll probably want all of them, and likewise with sports. If you want cricket you'll need CableTV as well.
    Thanks PDLM, I had the same feeling. I will check the TV schedule for the channels a bit and decide then.

wtbhotia
    thanks, I will probably go for 6mb and spend the money rather on another channel.

Quote Originally Posted by caipiroska:
    I am a bit clueless about the available channels.
    Find a PCCW shop and get a channel list with pricing, you can pick individual channels or packages (which may or may not include the channels you want).

And I was quoted 250 HKD for a 6 Mbit/ 280 for a 8 Mbit line and one free channel with NOW (the 30M fiber broadband is not a/v in my building). Is this a fair deal?
    How about 18M? I got it bundled with nowTV and it costs me 266 (instead of 246 for 8M that I was quoted).

Acutally I would save the money on the TV channels and buy DVDs instead; the picture quality is just barable and the program is like any other TV channel in the world - repeats, repeats and more repeats. And DVDs you can watch any time you like with no commercials inbetween.

oo...i need to rant about now tv. i feel all HK cable tv are so unflexible and a rip off. after signing up for a channel there is no changing it. you're stuck with the channel for 18 months, the shortest contract time. (that is what the sales man told me) and after having the contract for 18 months, you'll have to sign on for another 18 months as, like i said before, that is the shortest contract time. why can't they do a month by month contract? or switch out a tv channel that the client decides they no longer watch. grrr

>> why can't they do a month by month contract

Because people will figure how bad the quality is and abandon in a month or two.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Our last contract with NOWtv was for only 12 months.

just get all the channels for $450 upwards (depending on locations).

Quote Originally Posted by totorolc:
    you're stuck with the channel for 18 months, the shortest contract time. (that is what the sales man told me) and after having the contract for 18 months, you'll have to sign on for another 18 months as, like i said before, that is the shortest contract time. why can't they do a month by month contract?
    I currently have no contract commitment - you only need to sign a new contract if you change anything. If you don't then at the end of the 12/18/whatever period then the contract just rolls on monthly with both NOW and CableTV.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast