Like Tree6Likes

Beware: electronics chain "Fortress"

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

I have only bought the extended warranty for my 2 tvs and the fridge and it didnt cost me an arm or a leg, it was only a few 100 dollars for each product so to me it was worth it.

To: FTH, whenever I have bought products at Fortress the sales people have specifically said that they will replace the goods if with-in 10 days there is a problem after that you need to talk to the manufacture, Fortress dont make the goods if you havent noticed. And trying to get a replacement after 2 months, i dont think any store in HK will entertain you.

You might be used to CS in the states where after a year you can still get your money back if you dont like the goods (that to me is a stupid way to do business) but in HK, its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$.

fth

Fortress never pointed that out to me and were in fact admitting that the good was faulty by offering a repair. Their policy was also not a mere 10 days from what they told me (after the event). They in fact also arranged a replacement which I requested.. I may have been lucky

A number of smaller shops in the computer malls in Wan Chai have often given better after sales service.

Last edited by fth; 15-12-2009 at 11:32 AM.

Damn it. I didnt know I could bargain for discount at Fortress..... Better do my homework next time before I make another purchase.... Thanks peeps!

fortress

what a load of crap never had any trouble with fortress never buy anywhere else... certainly not the stores to be found near them with no prices on their broken stuff that is way over priced so whenyou "bargain" for it you think you are getting a good deal...

I say a sony handy cam in fortress once when they were new priced at 4500 HKD asked in one of the shark outlets in TST for the same camera.. they said 9500 and as soon as I moved to walk away they said 6500 give you a good deal.

Football16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by barryinchina
    I say a sony handy cam in fortress once when they were new priced at 4500 HKD asked in one of the shark outlets in TST for the same camera.. they said 9500 and as soon as I moved to walk away they said 6500 give you a good deal.
    Yeah, i bought a suitcase from Wing On about a month back. Two actually. The large one was about $680. Good brand I think, American Tourister. Haven't had a problem. I was happy with that price.

I was walking past a small tourist shop in East TST the other day and saw it there. I asked how much was it? Oh, that's $2600! I mentioned that about 100 metres down the road is the same one for $680 at Wing On. He replied, it can't be real!!

HE can't be real!!

Anyway, never trust an idiot in the TST stores or tourist centres. You will be sorry. They have nothing to lose. They will wait for the right loser to come along. If you don't buy it someone will.

bdw

Of course the tourist centres are not the place to go.

But you can save money if you know where to go and what you are looking for.

For example, a HP Mini 210 netbook (with the latest Intel Atom N450 processor) goes for about $3380 or $3680 in Fortress (depending on battery size). But you can get it for $2800 in Sham Shui Po computer center.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    For example, a HP Mini 210 netbook (with the latest Intel Atom N450 processor) goes for about $3380 or $3680 in Fortress (depending on battery size). But you can get it for $2800 in Sham Shui Po computer center.
    That's neither a tourist center nor in TST though. Nobody did say Fortress is the cheapest nor that you shouldn't compare, but they do have a good return policy and certainly don't intentionally sell faulty products to begin with, as it has been alleged.
    Football16 likes this.

bdw

That was my point, that you shouldnt be looking for electronics in the tourist areas of TST. Most of us on this forum are not tourists and should know better than to buy electronics off those annoying creeps on the street.

Football16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Petty
    Hi there

I'm new to Hong Kong and I need to buy notebook asap. Does anyone has any stores to recommend and where? ....
    go to Mongkok district.

there is a multistory building there filled with little stalls run by separate vendors.
    I would not be in a hurry if I were you. That is a way to get ripped off.
    Make sure you know the specs you want.
    Then check the model they recommend against internet research.

Quote Originally Posted by Petty
    I'm new to Hong Kong and I need to buy notebook asap. Does anyone has any stores to recommend and where? I've heard that in Hong Kong we're not able to trust vendors, cause they can cheat us anytime. Well, i don't know about that. Please guide!!
    Fortress is totally trustable. It may be slightly more expensive, but if they sell what you need then it's a reliable place to get it.
    Petty likes this.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast