Hi-Fi equipment

Closed Thread

Hi-Fi equipment

Looking to get an amplifier and some decent speakers for my PC. Where should I start looking?

Quote Originally Posted by turnjet:
    Looking to get an amplifier and some decent speakers for my PC. Where should I start looking?
    What kind of amplifier (stereo or multichannel)? And you want PC speakers or "real" speakers? Budget?

I was thinking of something like a Cambridge A5 and some entry level monitors. I don't want any PC turd. Budget $2000, so second hand may be the way to go.

check this site classified or asia expat classified

btw ( though it's a richer sounds brand), cambridge audio is pretty pricy here.

however, i have decent speakers (assuming you tested them) eg, KEF Q3 for HK$1000, Tannoys M1 for HK$500 arcam 8 amp and arcam 8 pweer and cd player for an unbelievable HK$1500 as well a nakimichi av10 ( which i bought) for unheard off price HK$400 fully working, no dents or damages/

pls beware on the other site asia expat, there is a constantly a stream of ads from the same person ( based in kowloon) normally using a random 2/3/4 letter combination name with super rip off prices.