Like Tree3Likes

Kindle in Hong Kong

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Original Post:
    Just in case anyone is interested in ordering a Kindle 3 from Amazon.com, it is possible to have it shipped to Hong Kong. The shipping cost table is not very well written on their website but when I order mine (plus a case), it came out to US$26.97. Based on my understanding of the table, I would have expected it to be either only US$14.99 or US$20.98. It is this much because it can only be shipped under the Priority Courier option. Standard or Expedited shipping options are not allowed. So if you plan on ordering a Kindle along with other items like books, don't do it as a bundle unless you really need those other items within 2-4 days. Just do two separate orders instead. I ordered four books and the shipping on them went from over $50 down to something like $23.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    would definitely like to know how in the world we're meant to get covers for the kindle 3 in hong kong, ive heard theyre not available in wanchai computer center, 298 etc(which ill be confirming myself tomorrow) and amazon dont ship covers here. is there something im missing?

jgl

Most of the Amazon sources for covers are from unrelated vendors that sell via Amazon. Some of them ship internationally, you just have to check around.

crap haha, this could prove a toughy b4 xmas, if u know any, by all means dont be shy to pm me

Quote Original Post:
    crap haha, this could prove a toughy b4 xmas, if u know any, by all means dont be shy to pm me
    This HK website article tells you where to buy a Kindle cover:

Review: Kindle 3G | NeonPunch: Hong Kong's Gadget & Gear Buying Guide Blog

Does anyone know where to buy the Asus DR900?

Quote Original Post:
    This HK website article tells you where to buy a Kindle cover:

Review: Kindle 3G | NeonPunch: Hong Kong's Gadget & Gear Buying Guide Blog
    thanks A BUNCH, i know maybe at least i have an option haha, very limited but something nevertheless

Quote Original Post:
    would definitely like to know how in the world we're meant to get covers for the kindle 3 in hong kong, ive heard theyre not available in wanchai computer center, 298 etc(which ill be confirming myself tomorrow) and amazon dont ship covers here. is there something im missing?
    I started making covers and sleeves for the Kindle 3 - feel free to pm me for details/requests.

I have some really girlie ones up for sale here: Gadget covers & sleeves and laptop sleeves by DressedByManuela

thanks for your reply, i wont be able to purchase them at this point in time but i will definitely recommend u to other kindle users

L-X

Do you plan to make some that are not so... girly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast