video on demand for hong kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

just go to isoHunt - the BitTorrent and P2P search engine and download the movies using BT, they are very upto date and you dont even need to register to download. on the right hand side scroll down to the middle and you will see TOP SEARCHES, #1 is AXXO and #2 is FXG, these two seeders provide the best quality (DVD) of latest movies.

i get my House MD and CSI Las Vegas fix from isohunt. As soon as its broadcast in the states its already ready for download.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    I honestly don't see your problem if your looking for legal DVD's. There are a lot of good dvd shops around town with a very large selection of decent prized movies and tv-series. HK Records springs to mind. ....
    no mate, no plastic frisbee. not ever. if i've made the decision to be a fat lazy slob and watch a movie, I don't want to head to a store and buy a disc of something. nor do I want to wait for one in the mail. imagine what would happen if i walked outside on my way to the store... i'd probably find another activity to do ... terrifying

when you buy a dvd you dont own the rights to watch that dvd .. its licensed to you (just you and not friends to watch with you) so why would i pay for plastic garbage to sit around my house when i dont even really own it. at least with on demand you can stream the bits then delete them from cache and have no illusions about who owns what and what you really paid for.

but it seems legal digital downloads or local streaming on demand services (that service Hong Kong) are practically non existent here which really sucks.

piratebay, mininova and all that public tracker junk arent legal but whats worse, the actual movies arent current enough (or old enough to be classics) instead you walk this limbo of available crap that is either 6 months old and a dvdrip or current and crap quality .. you never get the full package and the good old ones have too few seeders to be able to download on a whim
    Last edited by AndyFitz; 15-04-2009 at 09:35 AM.

honestly...there is only a single answer if you want fast, easy, no hassel movies / tv shows to watch: sabnzbd+

with it, you can set it up to automatically check sites for nzb files and download, post-process and rename/organize your media files. it works with RSS feeds based on the type of shows or movies you want to watch. this way you get home from work and your media is ready and waiting for you.

btw... there is an obvious way for movie companies to fix the current crisis in illegal downloads. all they need to do is provide movies/shows for download at same time as they hit theaters and tv. this way you can buy from itunes (at a premium) at same time Watchman hits theaters. then there is no need to look for illegal copies.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderLives:
    this way you can buy from itunes (at a premium) at same time Watchman hits theaters.
    And corporate lethargy already means we can't get jack from iTunes in HK.