Looking for indoor electronic signage

Looking for indoor electronic signage

My company currently uses posters mounted on a board to promote its services and we're looking to replace them with something more 21st centure.

I've been asked to look into finding suppliers of electronic signboards, but being the technophobe that I am (don't even have a mobile phone) I have no idea where to start - or even what to google for.

The signage needs to be able to display images at hi-resolution and be viewable close up (so not looking for one of those giant screens they use at football matches), probably around A3 size and is for indoor use only. I'm imagining something like a big computer screen hanging on a wall flicking through different images.

Has anyone in Geoexpat land come across any companies I can contact or can suggest a shop to visit?

i think you are looking for a TV.
    but I did notice 22" digital picture frames at the electronic fair.

There's one that advertises locally but I cannot seem to find it in this months magazines.

How many screens are you looking at? If its many simply go to any design agency and they will have oodles of contacts. If it's one or two, just pick up a TV and connect whatever computer you want to it.

If it's something utterly basic like a slideshow some TVs already include media card readers inside, otherwise you can pick up a basic media card reader, extreme low end example:

7-in-1 USB 2.0 Card Reader/Writer w/TV Out

For something fancy across many displays you might need a design agency or some development work.

If it's something cute involving TV broadcast I have a lot of the technology to make it work, so PM me

Seriously, I have ~30 tiny computers in hold for digital signage and have a lot of fancy video distribution software.

Last edited by MrMoo; 15-04-2009 at 09:00 PM.

22" digital picture frame might be exactly what we need. We're looking at getting three or four of them, depending on costs. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction!

Would also look at a screen with computer, but the locations don't have anywhere we can hide the computer. We need something either freestanding or wall mounted/hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Katiedot:
    22" digital picture frame might be exactly what we need. We're looking at getting three or four of them, depending on costs. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction!
    Look at the Chinese branded TVs, I think we bought an Olevia or similar brand.

Would also look at a screen with computer, but the locations don't have anywhere we can hide the computer. We need something either freestanding or wall mounted/hanging.
    Computers can be very small, e.g.

Last edited by MrMoo; 16-04-2009 at 09:55 AM.