3D Artist, Designers Meeting over coffee.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I rather not go to bulldogs bar, its so noisy next to the road sometimes.
    What software do you guys use?
    And will anyone bring source files or just finished renders?

I always wanted to get together and do some scene work, if anyone else is interested.
    Like a 30sec short animation.

I'd rather have a quieter place to talk, too. Not quiet like a chinese temple, but rather Starbucks quiet. And I'm a coffee lover.
    I'll have my source files in my computer, plus some animations. And does anyone know how to use Xref in 3D? It's collaborating a 3D scene among other artists, each working remotely on the same scene and connected online.
    Cool stuff to talk about, guys!
    I use Cinema 4D, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Express, Aperture, Motion, Photoshop, some Sketchup and learning to write an App for the iPhone.

I use MAX, Silo, After effects, Voodoo tracker, Shake, Photoshop, Illustrator.
    Anyone here good at 3D tracking video? using voodoo or Syntheyes? It's something i'm trying to learn when i have some free time.

I'm interested in Matchmover for the Mac. Can't afford it yet.

I would suggest syntheyes then, its fairly cheap at 3000HKD, and boasts a great feature set.
    It's can track almost any footage by automation, and has a large user base to ask for help.
    Plus the free tutorials that they offer on the website cover all the basics.

I'm looking up Syntheses now! Hope it's made for Macs, too!

Maybe we should call the Starbucks and see if we can reserve some space, just in case.
    Lots of tourists there so there might be a shortage of seats.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie yeoh
    By the way, I'm an Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop. Used to teach digital photographers how to fine tune images for print.
    Out of interest, does the course for the certificate concentrate more on the using photoshop features like layers, blend modes etc or does it includes commercial retouching techniques ie for beauty/automotive/packaging advertising etc?

My courses were designed according to the industry. I had a course for wedding photographers which included skin retouching and enhancement, digital make-up, non-destructive cloning, changing backgrounds of the photo, etc. All these required use of layer modes, special masking techniques, fine-tuning colors using adjustment layers of channel mixer, selective color, etc.
    I also taught outdoor digital photographers who wanted to produce black and white photos from their color shots. You'd be surprised how much detail can be extracted in Photoshop to produce black & white photos that rival Ansel Adams.
    But I don't teach anymore. Maybe now's a good time to teach it again, what with so many people using Digital SLR's. Be warned that learning Photoshop can be really deep.

Last edited by ronnie yeoh; 16-05-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Learning blend modes, layers, etc....are all basic stuff for beginners only. That's what some advanced courses teach. It's a way of filling in time to get money from the students. A real advanced course would show you the advanced techniques immediately. There's no wasting 4 lessons to show you beginner stuff, like how to use the menu. Real Photoshop guys hardly touch the menu. They use shortcut keys.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast