3D Artist, Designers Meeting over coffee.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

3D Artist, Designers Meeting over coffee.

Hi,
    I'm sorta new here, too. Was conversing with one of the forum guys and he was also keen on meeting up with people in the 3D graphics design field. I was thinking that we could meet at a quieter place than the Dog House in Wanchai.

I suggest the Starbucks near the Avenue of Stars, behind the New World Hotel. It's a pleasant view of the Hong Kong skyline from Kowloon.
    I think Sunday, 16th of May 2009 at 8 pm, right after dinner would be a great time to meet.
    Anyone in Geoexpat interested? Oh, and bring your laptops to see what you got.
    If there are even 3 people ready to meet, we'll make the first one at Starbucks there. You can confirm your attendance here in this thread.

Cheers!

Ron

Oh, guys. 17th of May 2009 is the right date. That's a Sunday.

My mistake! So don't come on Saturday 16th. Won't be there.

hi

im more of a graphic designer, but im interested in 3D as well. mind if i just hang around ?

Sure Mongmong. Graphic Designers are part of the same group. There are 2 girls and 3 guys so far.

Im game.
    Though my laptop is kinda crap, so i might just bring a flash drive instead.
    /J

Bring your flash drive with you. Plug it in to my laptop instead. I don't have to worry about viruses or malware.
    Oh, I'd like to bring up a new subject of HGC broadband. I just had it installed in my home. The initial password they provide you is just numbers like ( example 989271000 ). Please change it to something more difficult and longer. This password can be easily hacked in 5 minutes using free software. Take note, guys!

This message is for Maggiewood. We'll be meeting on Sunday 17th. at 8 pm as scheduled. The people here are 3D artists, ( that's me ) Industrial designers ( that's Quanli ), good ol' sketch artists, and the like. I've had this kind of get togethers before and beginners normally learn so much more about the industry just in one meeting. Short meetings end up being longer than usual as the discussions get more fun as we share about how problems are solved, how a design starts from just an idea.
    Try to come for this first meeting and you'll meet some wonderful people in the industry.

Is there room for one more? My background is newspaper design.

Sure! Please come, Devila.
    I used to be in brochure design but diversified into 3D graphics soon after.
    By the way, I'm an Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop. Used to teach digital photographers how to fine tune images for print. Also had courses for artists in print houses teaching things from calibrating monitors to preparing prints for output.
    I have many tricks regarding Photoshop.
    See ya there!

Last edited by ronnie yeoh; 14-05-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: bad grammar

If your group gets too big for Starbucks just a bit further down there is a Bulldogs Bar - lots of seating, some outside.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast