3HK tethering?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3HK tethering?

ive never used tethering before...but wanted to try it out on the new iphone 3.0. i was just worried that 3HK might charge extra fee for this?

is it possible for them to know that im connecting via tethering?
    and does anyone know if they are charging extra for this based on existing current iphone tarrif plans?

3's data speeds are honestly not all that good. You might be better of getting a single device WiFI plan from PCCW.

I tend to use WiFi a lot more on my phone than 3G data...

Considering that AT&T is not going to support it for the short term, I think 3 would have to configure something to enable you to tether.

AT&T: we'll offer tethering on the iPhone

Last edited by MrMoo; 10-06-2009 at 01:49 PM.

MrMoo - I suspect it is done through the firmware. AT&T probably has a custom firmware delivered to their users.

tethering is working for some customers around the world, just dont know of anyone tested it yet for the GM release on 3HK. i know it was working for beta versions, but again there has been no mention of if 3HK charges extra for these data connections through tethering. i dont want to do it and find a large sum of money being collected later on.

as for speeds...yes...sadly i know. 3G on the #HK network seems comparable to 2G speeds most of the time. although sometimes i am in a special spot that will connect fast. I am starting to hate 3HK since i am getting more and more spots around HK where the connection drops off completely and suddenly. and this is in places that i know used to work a year ago with same phone and same 3G plan. it seems they got an increase in users and the network fell apart? i dont know.

I've got developer access to the 3.0 firmware .... just don't have a comp running OS/X (next week's project) to install the test firmware.

want to buy one from me?
    i got an imac im looking to unload for an upgrade, and a powerbook G4 id like to see disappear.

Bender - Nah . have a nice little netbook that I'm going to figure out how to get OS/X onto. By the way, have sent an email to my contact at 3 to see if they'll be supporting it.

thanks shri

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends
    want to buy one from me?
    i got an imac im looking to unload for an upgrade, and a powerbook G4 id like to see disappear.
    Bender..

how much for the powerbook G4? I'm not very up to date with my mac's but need something with an OS (no matter how old or rubbish it is) that i can prat about with, break and fix.. that kind of thing.

PM me prices please

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast