Like Tree1Likes

Apple Service Center in Hong Kong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Apple Service Center Hong Kong

My Macbook keys were not working suddenly one day so I showed it to Apple Authorized Center and they told me after 2 weeks that my mac needs a new logic board and they quoted me 7500 HKD to replace it. I ask them to return my computer and I paid 700 for service charge.

Later my friend gave me this no. Macwin Technology which specialize in fixing Apple products and i thought let me give it a try. The technician there told me i just need to replace the keyboard panel and he charged me 1800 HKd and i got my computer fixed in 2 days. I was very happy and I recommend to go there as people over there are very honest and polite.

Thanks

Last edited by shri; 11-06-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macwintech
    My Macbook keys were not working suddenly one day so I showed it to Apple Authorized Center and they told me after 2 weeks that my mac needs a new logic board and they quoted me 7500 HKD to replace it. I ask them to return my computer and I paid 700 for service charge.

Later my friend gave me this no.of Macwin Technology which specialize in fixing Apple products and i thought let me give it a try. The technician there told me i just need to replace the keyboard panel and he charged me 1800 HKd and i got my computer fixed in 2 days. I was very happy and I recommend to go there as people over there are very honest and polite.

Thanks
    Talk about bashing your own bishop. I had same thing done in Shenzhen for 250. And they didn't spank their own monkey in front of me.
    Last edited by shri; 11-06-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Atleast try to disguise it better ; ur screen name and ur company

Gee, thanx macwintech for that fair and unbiased recommendation of MacwinTech.

Classic spam report. "Idiots"

Well while we are on the subject - Wah Fung got me a new hard drive for 950HKD (including installation) AND gave me back my old one. CASE wanted 2300HKD for the same drive, if I wanted my old one back, and 1600HKD if I was prepared to let them keep it. Moral of the story (which I had no idea previously) was the NOT ALL APPLE AUTHORISED DEALERS ARE EQUAL! Never heard of the spam one though

Last edited by MovingIn07; 11-06-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vb7ue
    CASE has completely dishonest people out to just make money off you. My battery wasn't charging on the macbook. The computer would work normally when a charged battery would be put in. It was due to some wine going into my computer. CASE charged me 600 bucks to just check the computer and then told me that they would have to change the logicboard and the display! I couldnt believe when they said display because I had shown it working to them. Budget quoted 7700 HKD!!! I told them to F*** off and decided to give it a try at the Wanchai Computer Center. I was sceptical about giving it there given the small shops which don't look very trustable. But I gave to this guy at shop no 151, and left it with them for the night. It was fixed by the next day and had only the power chip changed on the motherboard. Cost me 1700 bucks. I guess i was overcharged there as well, but given what CASE had done, I was very happy to get it repaired for that much. Just stay away from CASE World trade center.. completely untrustworthy. I wont even be surprised if they break things inside and give you a bigger quote.
    I wish I had read this before I went there. 100% true. Charged me 600HKD just for an inspection, and when I refused the pay the EXORBITANT fees they wanted for replacing the hard drive, I asked for the report of my inspection (so I could show it to a cheaper dealer). They eventually, after much protestation, added one sentence to a box on my invoice. What crap. Found out later that Wah Fung would only have charged 250HKD for an inspection!

Does the HK law regulate how many repairs the seller (here Apple) is allowed to do before the item (here MacBook Pro) has to be exchanged for a new one?

After 3 replaced hardware components and now with a defect DVD slot to exchange -
    i think it´s enough....

There is now an Apple Store in HK - why are people not bringing their computers there for repairs?

To smarti - if you had to get fixed so many times, I would go to Apple Store and demand a new machine. Unfortunately there is no "lemon" law consumer protection in HK. Make a big scene and it that doesn't work write a letter to Tim Cook - CEO Apple.

Thanks.
    Got my Book in germany and as i am now in HK,
    need to determine which law is applicable and how a exchange will be handled (hotline told me yesterday i had to send my book back to germany, but the protection plan is worldwide).

Wasn´t aware that the apple store repairs as well and the "force of habit" lead me to the ASP.
    (sad to say it´s a habit to go to an ASP)
    Eventhough the hardware issues are annoying, the ASP (Senco) seems to be good to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2