Like Tree1Likes

Apple Service Center in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Apple Service Center in Hong Kong

Hi,

what are you experiences about the Apple Service Centers in Hong Kong?

Will you recommend one of them, which is pretty quick & gives a good service for a MacBook Pro.

http://www.apple.com/hk/en/buy/service.html

If i remember right, Senco is the only one, which hasn´t change. Not sure, if the others only change the adress or the service company is completely different.

Last edited by smarti; 11-06-2009 at 09:34 AM.

Bought and had service from Senco in Wanchai and I'm a satisfied customer. They sell and do service for laptop at some international schools and even have a tech based at the school so they have good volume and expertise.

I've used Senco for service (a Mini). They were by no means fast, but they were definitely quite professional. Off memory, they had the Mini for at least a week, maybe two.

Thanks for the answers!

1-2 weeks is quite long.. ( for HK and if you have no spare).

Anyway, will get in touch with them.

ive been to CASE and Senco for various fixes.
    the original estimate is always 7-14 days in my experience. However actual time will varry. One repair i had back in 2 - 3 days. Another took the about 5 or 6 days. and yet another was close to 2 weeks.

they estimate 14 days to be safe, but will generally call you much earlier unless its a serious illness they can not fix with parts on hand or in singapore.

CASE in quarry bay was good and quick. if they have the parts, its usually next day service and if they dont. you can keep your macbook until they do which is usually in the same week

I've used Senco a few times, they are good but slow. Took 2 weeks to replace my MBP touchpad and battery...

I used CASE in Times Square and have to say it I would not recommend them if you can help it. I have to travel over an hour to drop off my laptop (I had "hard drive failure") and was told that it would likely take 10 days as they would need to replace the drive and get one from Singapore.

I got a call the next day saying it was OK to pick up. No hard drive needed. I asked what they did - they reinstalled the OS (upgraded me from 9 to X. I told them I did not think this was the problem as I had tried to reinstall OS myself prior to booking in.

So another 1 hour to them and back home. Turned on laptop and it worked for about 5 minutes before stopping again. "Hard Drive Failure". So I called them up and said they did not fix it and I travelled a long way.

Lump it and bring PC back to Times Square for repair.

I had no choice as I had already spent the $600 non refundable fee. They did fix it eventually but installed OS X on it without giving me the disk for it or asking me (I gave them my OS to reinstall on it)!

It has been OK since but it was a real pain dealing with them.

Thanks for all comments!

Have been to Senco and quite pleased with their service.

CASE has completely dishonest people out to just make money off you. My battery wasn't charging on the macbook. The computer would work normally when a charged battery would be put in. It was due to some wine going into my computer. CASE charged me 600 bucks to just check the computer and then told me that they would have to change the logicboard and the display! I couldnt believe when they said display because I had shown it working to them. Budget quoted 7700 HKD!!! I told them to F*** off and decided to give it a try at the Wanchai Computer Center. I was sceptical about giving it there given the small shops which don't look very trustable. But I gave to this guy at shop no 151, and left it with them for the night. It was fixed by the next day and had only the power chip changed on the motherboard. Cost me 1700 bucks. I guess i was overcharged there as well, but given what CASE had done, I was very happy to get it repaired for that much. Just stay away from CASE World trade center.. completely untrustworthy. I wont even be surprised if they break things inside and give you a bigger quote.

MovingIn07 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast