Digital camera: Kodak or Panasonic???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Talking Digital camera: Kodak or Panasonic???

Hi guys,
    i'm considering to buy one of this digital camera:
    Kodak Z980, Kodak Z1015is or Panasonic Lumix Fz28.
    they all look attractive and not that expensive (to campare with those DSLR). any idea?
    Thanks

Out of those choices, I would definitely go with Panasonic Lumix FZ28. That camera has received great reviews from critics and consumers and those people who I know own them are very happy with the performance.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28: Digital Photography Review

Can get a good deal at Wing Shing in MK

um....neither
    go with Fuji F31FD. its the best compact digital camera on the market, still even after all this time has passed since it was released there has been no camera to rival its quality for a versatile compact digital

in low light, its seriously the best thing in the world.
    in normal or bright light its just as good as all the others, and in some cases better.

its so good that even Fuji's newest cameras cant beat it.

I am a big Panasonic fan! Ever since they made the first VHS players (oops, showing my age) that could play both PAL and NTSC videos! I have now had three digi cameras and love them all (first to were stolen or destroyed by little hands!).

hmmm......to be honest I never owned a Panasonic Camera befoe, but I can say that the best camera are usually Cannon, Nikkon or Fujifilm

I have an FZ-18 (same camera with fewer MP). It is a phenomenal little camera, very light, quite compact (coat pocketable) with an amazing 28 to 504 mm LEICA zoom. I am also a fan of Panasonic, I find them reliable (unlike Nikon) and I like the interface for quick control and menu options. Sure the optics are not as good as my Canon 450D, but it is often the camera I grab when taking a walk and don't want to carry a heavy rucksack. Oh, and it has video. This is my 3rd Panasonic and (I also have a FX-100).
    good luck

If you look at the models the OP is looking at, he's clearly focused on a class we call "super-zooms". Saying that Canon, Nikon or Fuji make the best cameras is a pile of garbage. If you're going off topic why not just recommend Hasselblad, Rollei or Leica?

Most of the point & shoot manufactures use 3rd party sensors and what really distinguished them is glass, features and ergonomics. OP, do yourself a favor.....go to the store and try them...See what you like best (easiest to try them at places like Fortress or Broadway...or DigitalRev boasts the largest open display camera store in HK - in Star City @ TST). If you look on-line at photo forums for reviews, I would be very surprised if you find too many bad ones about the Lumix (especially with that Leica f2.8 wide angle lens). Friends of mine just took it to African Safari and came back with some amazing shots.

BenderBends, the Fuji F31FD is an excellent little camera but it is just not in the same superzoom class that OP is looking at. Additionally, the lack of the optical viewfinder makes it a strong no-buy for me (hate those lcd screens in sunlight).

I had a Kodak, wasn't impressed. Have had Pentax and Minolta, have an Agfa and a Canon now, all are much better cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    BenderBends, the Fuji F31FD is an excellent little camera but it is just not in the same superzoom class that OP is looking at. Additionally, the lack of the optical viewfinder makes it a strong no-buy for me (hate those lcd screens in sunlight).
    my bad...i didnt read his post in full, and assumed he was looking at compact models. btw...the lcd screen does suck on the fuji, thats probably the only negative about that camera.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast