Ipod battery replacement

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ipod battery replacement

I have a video Ipod that is about 2 years old, and the battery is no longer holding a charge for more than a few minutes. I believe I can get the battery replaced - is there somewhere I can do that here in HK?

Yes it's fairly easy to do..You can get replacements in the computer centres in Wanchai and probably in the Apple store. They'll swap the battery for you or you can easily do it yourself with a quick search on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk
    Yes it's fairly easy to do..You can get replacements in the computer centres in Wanchai and probably in the Apple store. They'll swap the battery for you or you can easily do it yourself with a quick search on the internet
    I tried the Wan Chai Computer Centre today and no one could help me out. Have you actually purchased a battery from there? If so, do you know which store?

I also tried the Computer Centre in Causeway Bay (on 10/F & 11/F opposite IKEA) and no one could help out there either.

Anyone have any actual experience in buying a new battery for a video ipod (either self installing or getting them to install)?

sxc

You can take it to the Apple Service Center in Quarry Bay (CASE - search for them on the Apple website), or try the apple stores in Stanley St or Wellington St.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile
    I tried the Wan Chai Computer Centre today and no one could help me out. Have you actually purchased a battery from there? If so, do you know which store?

I also tried the Computer Centre in Causeway Bay (on 10/F & 11/F opposite IKEA) and no one could help out there either.

Anyone have any actual experience in buying a new battery for a video ipod (either self installing or getting them to install)?
    I replaced mine a couple of months ago, I got a battery from the the computer centre on Hennessy in Wanchai, I think the address is 288..

[QUOTE=sxc;385447]You can take it to the Apple Service Center in Quarry Bay (CASE - search for them on the Apple website), or try the apple stores in Stanley St or Wellington St.[/QUOTE

yeah, but they will charge up to HK$700 from the official apple service centre,

a very good place for batteries, virtually all types and very cheap ( as well as good quality) star tech, shop 228, 2/f sim city, ( i think they moved to 3rd fl now) shan tung rd, mong kong, good place trust worthy

i pod battery from HK$120 to HK$200 including installation

all types of batteries, eeepc, mobile, ipod, etc..

alternatively, try apliu st sham shui po, but be beware of being ripped off!!

you can do it yourself (we ordered our battery and the replacement "kit" from a online place)
    but beware- its a sensitive operation. teeny, teeny, teeny connectors and wires to be careful of.
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by saun-fam
    you can do it yourself (we ordered our battery and the replacement "kit" from a online place)
    but beware- its a sensitive operation. teeny, teeny, teeny connectors and wires to be careful of.
    good luck
    each new generation of ipod classic/nano/touch is made harder to change the battery, i wonder why?, however, in hk, many skilled technician do it at a facton of price (HK$150 compared to HK$700) than apple official places

Apple Owner
    Shop 212, 2/F, New Capital Computer Plaza
    85 Un Chau St
    Sham Shui Po

They also have offices in Quarry Bay and Sai Kung. But, generally it will be easier/faster/cheaper to change at Sham Shui Po office.

Their website with address: http://aasp.com.hk/modules.php?name=...=showpage&id=2

Last edited by HKChigger; 21-06-2009 at 10:30 PM.

sxc

The risk you take with a non-Apple battery replacement is getting one of those batteries which overheat or gradually expand. I've used non-genuine batteries in mobile phones before, and experienced the battery blowing up like a balloon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast