slingbox?... or...?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

You might want to get some kind of AV wireless transmitter. I haven't bought one in HK, but this is what they sell in Australia:

I'm sure you can find cheaper and less elaborate ones here - I just don't know where. Probably Wanchai computer center:

COCOON 5.8GHz Dual Input AV Sender and Receiver AVS58 (L6028) - Dick Smith Electronics - Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by sxc:
    You might want to get some kind of AV wireless transmitter. I haven't bought one in HK, but this is what they sell in Australia:

I'm sure you can find cheaper and less elaborate ones here - I just don't know where. Probably Wanchai computer center:

COCOON 5.8GHz Dual Input AV Sender and Receiver AVS58 (L6028) - Dick Smith Electronics - Australia.
    Be careful with these. We bought one for the same purpose to use as the OP, however not so great. Because of walls in the way couldn't get a decent signal to pick up the remote control.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Be careful with these. We bought one for the same purpose to use as the OP, however not so great. Because of walls in the way couldn't get a decent signal to pick up the remote control.
    well, most of them do have remote transmitters and recievers to allow remotes to work as well, assuming you have attached the receiver in front of the remote sensor of the equipment and remote transmitter in other room, i have many of these equipment, no problems with stereo sound/ picture and remote extension as long its not more than 15metre away from each other and not more than 2 floors

Original Post Deleted

Not sure if "slingbox" is the right word for what you are looking for. I thought a slingbox basically allows you to watch cable or satellite TV from the US remotely via an Internet connection.

Sling Media - Home of the Slingbox

TigerSun : I think you'll have better luck in Ap Liu Street or some AV shops. Don't think I've seen these in Wanchai Computer Center.

in hk, this item is called an AV sender or video sender

[url=http://hk.search.auctions.yahoo.com/search/ac?p=sender&cat=0&type=0]sender

few years ago I have seen this in Whampoa Jusco...

Original Post Deleted
    check if it has remote extending capibilities

allows you to use your infra red remotes ( cos ir does not go through walls) in another room, eg, second TV in bedroom, cable box in living room, you want to change a channel while still in your bedroom

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    allows you to use your infra red remotes ( cos ir does not go through walls) in another room, eg, second TV in bedroom, cable box in living room, you want to change a channel while still in your bedroom
    We bought our's from Wanchai and cost about HK$700, I don't think it had "remote extending" capabilities, hence we were not able to change the channel.

Also video quality wasn't the best.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast