come shower with me

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    People need hot showers in summer? Why not just turn off the heater?
    I don't want a hot shower... that's the point of this thread. I want luke warm. if I turn it off then it's freezing cold. and btw... cold water is not very good for cleaning since it closes pores and is not suitable for loosening oils. not to mention the shrinkage
    Posted via Mobile Device

Change your Stiebel Eltron for a high end unit with the digital display

I have one, allows me to set the temperature on the digital display.. It will increease power dynamically and regardless of the external water temperature or how how many Liters/minute of flow I want. You can set it to give you a "drip of 2.5L/minute at say 34c".

It also gives you all nice stats as to how much water you are using per year etc. Has preset temperatures for filling the bath, how many liters. Preferred shower temperature. It cost 6K but it is well worth it.

I tortured myself for years and wasted hours per month with a horrible unit like you have.

Last edited by hk.com; 22-07-2009 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hk.com:
    In an apartment that they are renting?

Bloody peasants with their manual taps! How can a person shower without artificially intelligent water? Bleh!

I love my LCD temperature control and five jet shower <3

I think your problem might be that it is an electrical heater. When i lived in a place like that, I had the same problem - hot or cold only. I don't know if it is the nature of the heater, or whether it needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    thanks Boris.... super post.
    I'll give it a whack as I should learn how to do it.

few questions though:
    1. which is water valve? I tried turning each valve (red and blue ones) all the way to both sides while water was running and nothing changed. the water pressure and heat remained constant.

2. where you begin to talk about taking parts apart, are you referring to the heater or the main shower faucet?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    1) Your picture 0137 is showing a RED VALVE, clearly marked FRESH WATER SUPPLY. That will be it. The BLue coloured valve I would guess is for the Toilet Water supply.

2) Main Shower Faucet. The Heater should only be touched by a qualified electrician or Plumber.

Quote Originally Posted by hk.com:

I have one, allows me to set the temperature on the digital display.. It will increease power dynamically and regardless of the external water temperature or how how many Liters/minute of flow I want. You can set it to give you a "drip of 2.5L/minute at say 34c".

It also gives you all nice stats as to how much water you are using per year etc. Has preset temperatures for filling the bath, how many liters. Preferred shower temperature. It cost 6K but it is well worth it.

I tortured myself for years and wasted hours per month with a horrible unit like you have.
    This reply is Sooooooooooooooo YOU. Anything Alalogue is an anathema. The bit about the stats ? Priceless.

What OS is it running?

I am going to print this out and frame the quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    1) Your picture 0137 is showing a RED VALVE, clearly marked FRESH WATER SUPPLY. That will be it. The BLue coloured valve I would guess is for the Toilet Water supply.

2) Main Shower Faucet. The Heater should only be touched by a qualified electrician or Plumber.

this morning I tried adjusting the red valve and it made no impact on the water pressure or temperature. ditto for the blue.

the toilet seems to come from a different pipe with a working valve to stop water flow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Without seeing for myself its difficult to comment.

Ask your neighbor how to isolate the water. It may be the main valves leak OR there may be others in a different place.