camera experts, which one is better? dmc-g1 (micro 3 4) or canon g10?

camera experts, which one is better? dmc-g1 (micro 3 4) or canon g10?

hi

I am looking for a decent camera that has slr like settings but with more portablilty compared with bulky DSLR's.

I doubt i will change the stock lens, so i have decided between either the dmc-g1 (micro 3 4, price at HK$5000) or canon g10 (around HK$3800), which one is better?

though a dslr is better than both, it's a bit to bulky to carry around for my liking, though a compact compromise quality for size.

my friends have told me that micro 3 4 is new, so prices are high now, but it will go down soon, plus if i ever wanted to change lens, this camera will allow me to do so, but there again, the fixed lens on a g10 is pretty decent, so maybe not.

any opinions, thanks

It depends on the purpose of getting the camera. For me, as l like to take pictures of my pets, so I am using the Cannon G1 now.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisYip:
    It depends on the purpose of getting the camera. For me, as l like to take pictures of my pets, so I am using the Cannon G1 now.

general purpose usage

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Of the two I suppose I would go for the G1, but have you had a look at the SP 590uz?
    probably the most bang for the buck and you dont have to chnge lenses

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Is this a sign from the Master?

I came across this just after my previous post.

I eagerly await new concepts and processes. I believe that the electronic image will be the next major advance. Such systems will have their own inherent and inescapable structural characteristics, and the artist and functional practitioner will again strive to comprehend and control them.

— Ansel Adams, 1981

have you considered the panasonic lx3? what did you end up getting?

Last edited by thundacatchergo; 21-09-2009 at 03:24 PM.