Office Copier units

Closed Thread

Office Copier units

my office copier is about 8 years old and constantly problematic (aren t they all?). Our shop is offering us a replacement trade-in.

Right now we pay a yearly maintenance fee for our current unit.

Instead... we can take the next 5 years of fee + the trade-in price of our current unit, and get:

Kyocera Mita KM-1620 with 5 years free maintenance
    Konica Minolta Bizhub 210 with 5 years free maintenance (need to pay additional HK$1000

The only thing i know that is different is that the Konica offers a scanning function, which sounds like it can be good, but i dont know anything about these types of units.

Can anyone suggest which is better deal? or if they are both bad units?

Last edited by BenderBends; 19-11-2009 at 09:58 AM.

noone has knowledge in this area?

Try Fuji-Xerox, we transfered to a service charge scheme whereby you don't pay for or even rent the device you just pay per black & white or colour page output. For us it worked out significantly cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    Try Fuji-Xerox, we transfered to a service charge scheme whereby you don't pay for or even rent the device you just pay per black & white or colour page output. For us it worked out significantly cheaper.
    i am being told that the prices i listed above are for the unit, but then we still need to pay a HK$0.01 meter charge.

is this normal? is this what you do?

Bender, metering is standard. If you can pay per copy there is no point in buying a photocopier or lease to own if you have to pay the metering.

Normally what we do is get a photo copier 2nd hand and buy the toner on the internet. When it breaks we toss it out. If you call the repair guy they will send you a few years worth of metering charges.

Mr Moo has the best option. You probably have to option to terminate any time you want.

When I've liquidated companies the directors were always personally responsible for the photocopier leasing and they were desperate to sell about HK$150K worth of photo copiers.

Also don't screw around with the leasing companies, they will have you in court in minutes.