Graphics Tablet - help please

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Graphics Tablet - help please

Hi,
    Does anyone have any experience using graphics tablets? I would be using it with a Thinkpad, and need to figure out which to buy and where to buy it. I am hearing some good things about the Wacom Inuous 3 (sp??). Any advice/suggestions?
    Thanks.

I use the Wacom Graphire 3. I use it for Photoshop. And I love it. Wacom is the best, as far as I know. The Intuos is too expensive for me. It's a great brand, don't hesistate to buy it.

Wacom

their products can be found mostly in APPLE Store
    (Winsor house, Causeway Bay or Wanchai 298)

Where can I buy the Wacom (besides the Apple Store, which seems overpriced) and about how much does the Graphire and the Intuos 3 cost? Thanks so so much.
    P.S. Can these tablets be used for both drawing and for editing photos?

Yep. They can even be used for games! That is... if you're that good with it... let's see you play counter-strike with a pen!!!! wahahhaha!

Almost all computer shops carry this brand. I think the Graphire 3 is around 550 HKD. There's a Graphire 4 now... which comes with a tablet wheel! Cool! The Intuos is almost a thousand HKD, I think.

Yohan,
    So what is the difference between the Graphire and the Intuos? Any recs on where to look at some tablets - the Apple Store was selling the Graphire 3 for $700 - wayyyy expensive, no? Thanks again.

tablet

Hi Yohan

I want to buy a Toshiba R10 for graphic design and sketching with Painter IX. Any idea about a good place to pick it up and current prices?

Sowee... I have no idea what a Toshiba R10 is! Hahah! Wow... you're a graphics designer? I am slowly turning into a graphic designer myself! Any tips?

Graphire 3 for 700 HKD?? Are they nuts? Apple always robs people of their money, I tell you!!! ROB!!! Don't buy anything from Steve Jobs! I, too, have been a victim of those apple-eating nerds... darn scratch infested Nano!!! But I still like it. wahahahh!

There are a lot in Golden Center, Wanchai Computer Center, Windsor House in CWB... they are everywhere!

The Graphire series only have 512 levels of sensitivity. The Intuos has double the amount. That means, it can sense on how hard you press the pen on the tablet... just like a real brush/pen on paper!

So Yohan, please let us know the diff between the Graphire and Inous and also where to buy in HK.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast