Pirate or Legit???

Closed Thread

Pirate or Legit???

Does Wan Chai Golden Arcade sell legit PC games or are they just packaged to look good?

I recently bought AofE 3 game and when i go to install it I get this Windows dialogue box:

"Error 1305: Error reading from the file C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\avi\Act3FinalCine.bik"

I took it back to the guy i bought it and he put it in his computer and it worked fine (but didn't check to see if he had already installed it )

Any pc gurus know if its a software prob or my computer or its just a dodgy version?

They sell Legit games, never had a problem from buying games off there before, Is there any other pc you can try it on?

Or do a google search for that error message and see what it brings up.

Curly, check to see if that file exists in that location.

yay .bik file error, how unusual.
    I remember the horrorof trying to install C&C generals in the end i manualy extracted all the files and just copied the .bik from my friends installation folder.
    THough this might not be an option in this case.

it's all prob legit there, but for peace of mind i shop at HK Records. between their Pac Pl and Fest Walk locations you should find lots of stuff, albeit mostly major releases. more off-stream items will require a visit to specialty shops.

I installed COD2 on my computer and it works perfectly fine, but when I run it, it says there is a problem with the .exe file and it has to close. There, it provides you options to send error report to Microsoft, etc. I know its not the game's problem but instead my com's, but any ideas on how to fix it? This doesn't only happen for this game, it occurs for anything that requires full screen.

Last edited by koiti; 02-01-2006 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly:
    Does Wan Chai Golden Arcade sell legit PC games or are they just packaged to look good?

I recently bought AofE 3 game and when i go to install it I get this Windows dialogue box:

"Error 1305: Error reading from the file C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\avi\Act3FinalCine.bik"

I took it back to the guy i bought it and he put it in his computer and it worked fine (but didn't check to see if he had already installed it )

Any pc gurus know if its a software prob or my computer or its just a dodgy version?
    Cool i got the game too....
    Hit me on ESO when you get it working.
    User Name :SunTzu_

What disc do you have the problem on? I got the ISO's sitting on my comp, and can get it to you by FTP or something. let me know what you need.

Ok, thanks heaps for the help, guess its time to sort out my computer...

Stupid thing...