Wireless networking problem with Netvigator

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

texasaxel,

I'm not iceman but I am also using PCCW and have the NEC modem. I have added a Linksys WRT54G wireless router to my setup and everything works.

For your setup, the line going from your port 2 of the NEC modem goes into the internet port in the router. The PC connects to the Router (any of the 4 available ports). You should focus on getting the router working through a direct connection to the router before you start with the wireless configuration. No crossover cables are needed. All straight cables only.

You do not need to touch the phone cable.

I'm not an expert but I'll help what I can.

Let me know if you have got this far and i'll provide more info.

EDIT: I have experimented with my NEC modem and all 4 ports provide internet to my computer but only port 1 can provide the Now broadband TV.

Last edited by fuey; 06-01-2006 at 04:41 PM.

It is wireless so it should work from Zurich :-)

texasaxel,

Just follow fuey's direction and it should work. First try to make the router work using a direct connection, once that works then try to configure your wireless. The only configuration that is a must is that you will have to configure router with the netvigator username and password

Let us know how it goes

And that you should not go through any logon software on your PC - you are connecting to the router over a simple ethernet; all the logons need to be handled by the router.

Question about Netvigator and IP address

My mom signed up for Netvigator with high speed internet access bundled with NOW TV for a low price. When I was in HK I notice I had to login to the service through PPPOE. What I cannot remember and wants to know is did she get a publc addressable IP? Which port does Netvigator/PCCW block? Can she put up a web server or ftp server and will I be able to access it from the states ? Any information and help will be appreciated. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cwwny
    My mom signed up for Netvigator with high speed internet access bundled with NOW TV for a low price. When I was in HK I notice I had to login to the service through PPPOE. What I cannot remember and wants to know is did she get a publc addressable IP? Which port does Netvigator/PCCW block? Can she put up a web server or ftp server and will I be able to access it from the states ? Any information and help will be appreciated. thanks.
    Next time please do not do teh cross posting, thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3