Like Tree5Likes

Combination washer/dryer

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnypupp:
    Wow I never heard of a condenser dryer before. My kitchen doesn't have a window suitable for running a pipe through, so we just have to blow the moist air into the kitchen, and turn the kitchen fans on to expel the air. It works fine, but in the summer can be a pain in the ass, as you can imagine.

Our dryer was only around $1000, which any tumble dryer should be (they are extremely simple - a heating element, and a belt-driven tumbler) so I wonder if I can find a condenser for $2000 or so...
    Was your dryer second hand? I don't think you can find them in HK for that cheap. ANyway, condensor dryers are usually from Europe, and generally quite expensive. You can have a look on the fortress website to get an idea of the list price of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sxc:
    Was your dryer second hand? I don't think you can find them in HK for that cheap. ANyway, condensor dryers are usually from Europe, and generally quite expensive. You can have a look on the fortress website to get an idea of the list price of them.
    Nope, bought it at DSC a few years ago. Brand is Fisher Paykel. They had one with a timer, and one with an auto-dryer (senses the dampness and turns off, I guess) for a little bit more.

tumbler dryers are extremely basic, there's no reason for them to be more than $1000

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7