SLR Camera related question.. which one's the best?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by keto1
    I just bought a Canon Kiss Digital N (Japanese version of 350D- same but has metal body instead of plastic) from one of the shops along Nathan Rd in TST. Dunno why anyone would buy from Fortress. RRP's are just so you know what to compare with when you haggle!!
    we have had a few forum members with less than savoury experiences from shopping in TST. some have also found out that the warranty is void etc, and i think the common consensus on the forum a few months ago was steer clear of TST, even though the prices were generally a lot better. this is especially important when buying a $6000plus camera, not such an issue if buying a cheapy. The shops in TST just want to sell whatever grey import they have and have no time or care for after sales service etc.

in saying all that, i hope you have no problems with your camera. hopefully you won't have to rely on a possibly non-existent warranty

Canon users will say Canon, and Nikon users will say Nikon. It really depends on your preferences. E.g. less noise? more megapixels? It all depends on what feels comfy in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by jxtine
    Canon users will say Canon, and Nikon users will say Nikon. It really depends on your preferences. E.g. less noise? more megapixels? It all depends on what feels comfy in your hands.
    As a dedicated Canon user of over ten years, I would say: Get the camera that your hands are most comfortable holding, and has the range of lenses that you want to buy in the future.

Noise and megapixels are non-issues these days

and not all canon users will say canon or nikon users will say nikon...

i was a former canon user and now use a nikon.
    i'm loyal to no brand. i just use whichever suits my needs at any given time.

in reality, it's not about the camera. it's the person behind it that's more important.

you gotta know how to use the camera first. if you have the best cam in the world and yet know very little on how to use its features or have little to no skill photography wise... then it's pretty much useless..

Last edited by TaLL|dUdE; 15-02-2008 at 04:56 PM.

who dug this old thread up, it's 2 years old

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3