Canon 350D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canon 350D

Hello people, am considering buying the Canon EOS 350D in Hong Kong, so...where would you recommand me to get it? Of couse I want to get it with teh cheapest price (I searched around this morning, it's $6200 without original lens)

Also, I want to get a Canon 75-300mm lens for plane spotting, it costs $1300, is it worth it?

thanks in advance,
    Kevin

Did u try Fortress / Broadway ?
    Try the shops on Stanley street and while there check out one thats a bit off Stanley street, on lyndhurst Terrace. They do trade in too!!

Have a read at .com for the lens that you after...
    personally i woudln't recommend that one
    but then again, it all depends on how much dough u willing to spend

cheers

hiya

I got my EOS350D yesterday, hurrah! Decided to go for one of the Citicalls in Mongkok... was $6400 with a 1GB memory card, tripod, case and 2yr warranty that is actually legit. Not sure I got the best deal in the world, but when my warranty registered successfully it all seemed worthwhile We were also able to pay with Visa for that price so we have the insurance that comes with that.

I was offered as low as $4500 in TST! But luckily the threads in this forum warned me off Nathan Rd

Now, time to decide on and purchase a lense... and go shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by esque
    hiya

I got my EOS350D yesterday, hurrah! Decided to go for one of the Citicalls in Mongkok... was $6400 with a 1GB memory card, tripod, case and 2yr warranty that is actually legit. Not sure I got the best deal in the world, but when my warranty registered successfully it all seemed worthwhile We were also able to pay with Visa for that price so we have the insurance that comes with that.

I was offered as low as $4500 in TST! But luckily the threads in this forum warned me off Nathan Rd

Now, time to decide on and purchase a lense... and go shooting!
    I have a sigma 18-125mm for sale if you are interested.

anyway, u made the right choice by not buying the grey goods

grats and happy shooting...

As always, I recommend Wing Shing Photo Supplies in Mongkok. Helpful and friendly staff.

Martyn, can you tell me how to get to Wing Shing? I remember shopping there and it was a great store. But that was 10 years ago...

Yep, it's Mongkok exit E (Bank Centre).

When you get to Sai Yeung Choi Street, turn left and keep walking. You'll see a really big Cafe De Coral sign and it's somewhere there. The shop's actual sign is in gold writing on a brown background.

Official Address: G/F. 55-57 SAI YEUNG CHOI ST., MONGKOK

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Ho
    Hello people, am considering buying the Canon EOS 350D in Hong Kong, so...where would you recommand me to get it? Of couse I want to get it with teh cheapest price (I searched around this morning, it's $6200 without original lens)

Also, I want to get a Canon 75-300mm lens for plane spotting, it costs $1300, is it worth it?
    Hi Kevin. The Canon 75-300 apparently suffers from CA (Chromatic Aberrations) and will pincushioning @ 300mm.

$1300 should be for the USM version right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast