low cost laser printer recommendations?

Closed Thread

low cost laser printer recommendations?

as per the thread title, can anyone recommend via personal experience a low cost laser printer they've bought in these parts?

cheers in advance,

Dave

I recently picked up a HP LaserJet 1020 from Fortress for aprox. $1000.00 HKD. It is fast, reliable, and will probably serve your purpose as long you don't need color.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by hingkong:
    I recently picked up a HP LaserJet 1020 from Fortress for aprox. $1000.00 HKD. It is fast, reliable, and will probably serve your purpose as long you don't need color.

Good luck.
    That sounds perfect! Thanks

Have to disagree here and I'd avoid HP as I have numerous problems with them and have supported them when I was working on an i.t helpdesk.

I'd go for an Epson EPL-6200 which is $998 and most people in the I.T community know that Epson make the best printers.

Epson, HP, Canon.... let's face it.. They are all made in the same place.. Roll the dice. I have had no trouble with HP printers over the years.

They're selling the low-end Fuji-Xerox and Samsung for about $800 HKD at the computer malls. I don't have any personal expriences with them though you can always check Epinions or CNet for customer reviews.

If you're a real bargain hunter, you can find used HP LaserJet 1000 for $600 HKD and used LaserJet 5L for $400 @ the New Golden Computer Arcade.

any for small office networking color laser printers?

recommend some shops?

It's not the printer that is costly but the replacement toner. If you get something other than HP jsut make sure the replacment toner carts are on par in price and availability.