Wireless help for thick person

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Start>Control Panel>Wireless Network Connection

Disabled? Enabled? Connected? Limited... ?

Thanks everyone

I've somehow managed to get it working although i wouldn't like to have top do it again in a hurry.

One final question though the dell laptop used as a pc now connects to the net automaticly without having to connect to netvigator is that normal and are we still connecting through netvigator?

Thanks

Barbara

You probably entered your netvigator login name and password during the router setup which means that it logs in for you.

wireless router - B or G ?

just want some advice. i purchased a Planex wireless router. the first day i noticed somebody else was also logged on, so i set the WEP codes, and reduce the transmission to B only.

but how would i know if i was still secure ? i share the router with my daughter who is connected in the next room.

thanks in advance

keep it at g, with WEP it's very unlikely somebody else can connect to your router.

thanks, Jay,
    one more question. does G transmit better than B ?

yes it does, it's significantly faster than b.

wrong post

Last edited by TrialByError; 17-04-2006 at 12:39 PM.

help with installing a secured wireless connection

Hi I
    ve recently purchased a Buffalo Air station wireless, and using vista realised very quickly that the supplied software didn't support vista! Brilliant for a non-it head!!

So.... somehow managed to get myself onto the internet, however buggered if i can get the wireless to work... that is, my laptop can see the wireless, i can see others stealing the connection, but buggered if i can either a/ connect or b/ set it up as secured !!

SO - is there anyone out there who can either help or that fancies a trip to tung chung to get this set up working??

thx in advance

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4