Like Tree3Likes

Where to go in Shenzhen for gadgets?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Brilliant! Printed out that, printed out a submap map and we're off

Just saw your post. Your were probably there this weekend (like me).

However Engadget recently did a quick video of shopping for electronics in SZ (and HK). See my thread here:

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread76763.html

sec electronic market sounds so wicked for oem stuff

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07
    Brilliant! Printed out that, printed out a submap map and we're off
    let us know what you find

I had fun actually - I found three huge malls in the area suggested - never quite made it into the SEG mall, but the Electronics World was amazing - as was the other malls. I didn't buy an ipad (they were quite expensive) or any of the clones (heavy and abit clunky, give them time!) but I did get some toys ... a flexible keyboard, a flexible piano-keyboard, a couple of solar powered battery chargers. Had a good look at all the other stuff - really preferred the layout and feel of the mall to Golden Arcade - talk about SPACE! I always feel claustrophobic in Golden (and Wan Chai and Mongkok equivalents for that matter) but these malls were huge and open and felt much more relaxed and uncrowded.

I loved all the bits and pieces, all the components on reels and stuff - just amazing to see all these things on sale (I'm sure there are places like that in HK, but I've never found them, and have no need for them, but I still found it fascinating).

Last edited by MovingIn07; 11-05-2010 at 01:58 PM.
    thundacatchergo and jimbo like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2