NOW TV through router

Closed Thread
    deleteduser

NOW TV through router

Is there something I have to do to get NOW TV to connect to my router? I confirmed that the router works both wireless and wired, but the NOW TV console will not resolve an IP address. And I can't find anywhere to change any settings.

Or does it ONLY work when connected directly to the modem?

Yeah. The Now box needs to be connected to the assigned port on the modem.

deleteduser

garbage...

deleteduser

So do I need to get a second @netvigator.com login?

What is it that you are trying to achieve?

The cable that connects to the NOW broadband set top box should be plugged into port 1 of your modem, it will not work if connected to anything else.

Connect your router to any other port on the modem, and set it for DHCP (obtain an IP address automatically.

Connect computers to router, not modem.

It works.

deleteduser

I was going of incorrect information from someone else. I was told by him that "I can either connect the internet to my laptop or Now TV, but not both at once"

I realized what he was doing was unplugging the cable from port 1, and into his laptop, as he only had one cable. Before I saw the modem, I assumed he only had one port.

All is taken care of now.

Now TV through router

I can confirm that you can't connect a router to Now TV, I used a long cable to watch in the bedroom. When I tried either Netplug or a router configured as a bridge (pretending to BE a cable) it did not work. It seems the encryption notices that it takes too long to get from the Modem, so its a Nono i am afraid!

now tv router

I assume you have a subscription to PCCW broadband service and they supplied you with a modem which then links to the Now box.

I have this set up and the box they supplied me with was a NEC NTA3110.
    This has 4 network connections on the back.

For me ! can use 3 out of the 4 and still get the NOW service. I also plug in my own router into it and run a wired and wireless system in the home.

The only balls ache with it is , in this config , if I reboot my PC then I have to wait until something " magical " happens to get the internet connection back and this is recognised on my network connections as Internet Connection .

I cannot use the Connect to instruction from the start menu. I can only use this if I am conected direct into the modem.

My point is.
    Have you a single port modem or multi port.
    If single then call PCCW and get the multi port version as described above. You can then run your router off that as I do.

Regards

now tv router

I assume you have a subscription to PCCW broadband service and they supplied you with a modem which then links to the Now box.

I have this set up and the box they supplied me with was a NEC NTA3110.
    This has 4 network connections on the back.

For me ! can use 3 out of the 4 and still get the NOW service. I also plug in my own router into it and run a wired and wireless system in the home.

The only balls ache with it is , in this config , if I reboot my PC then I have to wait until something " magical " happens to get the internet connection back and this is recognised on my network connections as Internet Connection .

I cannot use the Connect to instruction from the start menu. I can only use this if I am connected direct into the modem.

My point is.
    Have you a single port modem or multi port.
    If single then call PCCW and get the multi port version as described above. You can then run your router off that as I do.

Regards