Gaming Laptop - please help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Overclocked my card today...made quite the difference! Current GeForce GO 7800 3D core clock frequency is 352 MHz, while the memory clock frequency is 860 MHz. I edited the registry to enable the overclocking...I feel like my laptop is a lot hotter now, but I don't know if it's just psychological...

so what happend? did you get a useless gameing laptop ,or did you go the smart way = my way :P
    And got yourself a stationary for gameing and a light leptop for school work?

i wanna know every deatail price, parts and preformance

for Pro E or Catia

Hi,

I'm looking for a place (or a shop) where I can find a laptop with a real good graphic card, I need it for my work on Catia/Pro E. I know that I can use a Gaming laptop, my budget is $21 000...

Any help would really be welcome!

To Mong or not to Mong...

Hi,

Just wondering if it's safe (in terms of quality of parts etc) and worthwhile to buy a laptop from Mong Kok and bargain around or go to a respectable establishment and pay retail and know I'm getting a "DELL" and not a "BELL" or something like that??

tks,

NY

Get yourself one of the Dell XPSs that is coming out next month. Core Duo with a Nvidia 7900 card. I used to agree with our Swedish buddy about getting a powerful desktop for gaming and a simple laptop for being on the move. Now that I own a really kickass laptop...I know I made the right decision. It's a lot easier just to have one machine that can do everything. The weight is good for you. You'll get stronger

Quote Original Post:
    Get yourself one of the Dell XPSs that is coming out next month. Core Duo with a Nvidia 7900 card. I used to agree with our Swedish buddy about getting a powerful desktop for gaming and a simple laptop for being on the move. Now that I own a really kickass laptop...I know I made the right decision. It's a lot easier just to have one machine that can do everything. The weight is good for you. You'll get stronger
    Where did you buy it?

I would stay away from Dell. I had an inspiron and it gave me so many problems like crashes, bsods, and others. I know that windows all windows computers have these but i've owned hp and compaq before but I experienced these problems much more with my Dell laptop

My 9400 burned out in under two years and now I need to spend $2-3000 to get it fixed. I'll never buy a Dell again.

Quote Original Post:
    My 9400 burned out in under two years and now I need to spend $2-3000 to get it fixed. I'll never buy a Dell again.
    Eh? You deliberately ran the machine way outside its specification, and then you blame the manufacturer when it burns out? That doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Quote Original Post:
    Eh? You deliberately ran the machine way outside its specification, and then you blame the manufacturer when it burns out? That doesn't seem reasonable to me.
    Fair assumption, but I only overclocked the card for about half an hour at most! I didn't want to risk heating up the system. That was well over a year before it burned out on me.

The entire Dell E1705/9400 series was plagued with problems and Dell was hit with a class-action lawsuit because of it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3