Any complaints on HGC (vs. Netvigator)?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've just moved from netvigator to hgc last month and have noticed that there is a fair amount of latency when surfing to a web site. Occassionally, it just seems to hang for an age. I do, however, like the cute little modem.

They've probably got an underpowered cache sitting on their network ..

Still don't believe me huh? Ok check this out

One CSR I called, I told her that I had canceled my contract already. She said yes it shows canceled, I said when? She said June 2006. ok... hello... it's only May?

Another thing is they told me they needed me to call back in a month so that they can have some time to do an investigation. Sure.. but I wonder if they will even do one when I call back.

Finally, I want to say that if you talk to them in canto, you will get better service even if it is as crappy as mine.

peace out

interesting as i have been with HGC for 14mths and am considering changing for the cable package - mainly cos i want the world cup. (was offered the basic cable package for $198 last yr including internet and no install charge - wish that cable salesman was knocking on doors in this building again with that deal cos it aint anywhere near that price now !) found HGC customer service to be the worst experience ever. when i eventually did get through to someone they would just pass the buck and say they would call back as they were too busy to deal with your problem and no one ever of course called back. might just b a bad experience but i was offline for a heck of a long time as it seems they only have one engineer per area ! that said the speed can be great but equally slow dependant on users.

I had a similar experience with HGC's operators. When I was asking around for packages I was told that their English-speaking operator was busy so they took my details and promised to ring me back - empty promises. I rang again and when I got through to an English-speaking operator asked why no one had rang me the answer was 'oh sorry but I was sick that day' - they only have one English-speaking operator!

Luckily I had no problems at all when using HGC and when we cancelled as we were moving to an area without their service everything was ok. My Netvigator is now relatively stable, apart from the odd hiccup but it took over 8 months and about 15 different PCCW engineers to get it to where it is now.

To digress a little, 1 recent positive experience I have had with PCCW. I called them one afternoon to install a new line for a fax and they come and installed it the next morning. Now that is service!