Boot Camp: Let Mac's run Windows.... Officially

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TaLL|dUdE
    the MBP keyboard will work on Windows just like any Apple Keyboard on a PC and the same goes for a PC Keyboard on a Mac machine.
    How do the Apple CMD and OPTION keys map under Windows?

I'm writing this on my MacBook Pro and I LOVE it. I've been a huge fan since 1989, had to buy a PC when I went to school and hated it. This is my fifth mac and I will never buy another PC.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay
    How do the Apple CMD and OPTION keys map under Windows?
    CMD is the Windows Key... Option is the ALT key... CTRL is still CTRL

Sounds great - must have been an improvement brought in with OS X'S Tiger as prior to that those keys didn't work under Windows.

Wait .. if you're running Windows .. how can it be an improvement under OS/X? Is Windows running in the emulator mode?

nope... windows is running native just like it were on a regular pc. the only difference is you can boot to mac osx whenever you want. the new Mac OS X - Leopard will have Virtual PC support and can run Vista and XP natively as well as via the virtual machine. (EFI and BIOS)

Yes Leopard will have Boot Camp written into the source code. Virtual PC is the emulator for installing and running Windows. It runs like a dog and only really useful for those must have pc applications that don't exist on the Mac.

Awesome .. guess I need to signup about 10 more advertisers to be able to justify a new toy ... err ... notebook for work.

Quote Originally Posted by applefan
    I'm writing this on my MacBook Pro and I LOVE it. I've been a huge fan since 1989, had to buy a PC when I went to school and hated it. This is my fifth mac and I will never buy another PC.
    Word. Started out same year (89) on a Mac Plus. After a five minute tutorial I was typing away. Seventeen years later, I don't know what my career would be like without one, but, most likely I would not be a designer. I have a 17" powerbook that makes things good. Props to Jobs for making life better...

i'm running it now and installing the mandatory firefox, antispyware, antivirus, etc... works great and is quite fast indeed. can't wait to try some games on it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast