Boot Camp: Let Mac's run Windows.... Officially

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Yeah keep us informed.

began saving for MBP, maybe I'll wait for a smaller screen.. dunno yet. I want a Apple with the last sony Sz form factor..

Actually after looking at the prices, I'm better off going with a Sony or Toshiba.

A Sony or Toshiba notebook?

Yeah notebook.... some nice stuff around and cheaper than the macbook.

I do think the ideal combo would be a Dual Core Sony or Toshiba running OS/X

Yeah but I don't see Apple allowing that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Yeah notebook.... some nice stuff around and cheaper than the macbook.

I do think the ideal combo would be a Dual Core Sony or Toshiba running OS/X
    Never happen. Unless you get a hack, but then it is really really slow (the first hack of OSX on Intel took 3 days to boot using an emulator).

The Washington Post had a good review of the new bootloader. They said it was neat, but in the end, you still were stuck with the same old Windows and all the problems. They also said somethings didn't work as well, such as the isight and an external USB modem.

There have been a few things (slashdot, digg) that pointed out the Macs are running windows faster than comparably spec'd Intel machines out there.

>> Macs are running windows faster than comparably spec'd Intel machines out there.

Isnt the (Intel) Mac an Intel machine anyways?

For several reasons, including that XP-on-Mac installations don't have a full complement of device drivers, currently any conclusions about their performance versus native Windows PCs cannot be considered direct, methodologically sound, er, apples-to-apples comparisons.
    http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,125296,00.asp

I've always gone for equipment in the high-midrange area .. and I do think that the best bang for the buck is with Sony / Toshiba right now.

My first ever computer was an Apple IIe back in '88 or so. It was a piece of crap...lol. I then got a 286 for about $12,000. 16 Mhz, 2 megs of ram and a 40 mb hard disk. Remember 5 1/4" disks guys?

indeed i do jay indeed i do... hehehe
    a lil OT: why weren't you with us tonight? :P