Boot Camp: Let Mac's run Windows.... Officially

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Boot Camp: Let Mac's run Windows.... Officially

Apple Introduces Bootcamp

CUPERTINO, CaliforniaApril 5, 2006Apple today introduced Boot Camp, public beta software that enables Intel-based Macs to run Windows XP. Available as a download beginning today, Boot Camp allows users with a Microsoft Windows XP installation disc to install Windows XP on an Intel-based Mac, and once installation is complete, users can restart their computer to run either Mac OS X or Windows XP. Boot Camp will be a feature in Leopard, Apples next major release of Mac OS X, that will be previewed at Apples Worldwide Developer Conference in August.

(see more here)
    http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006...5bootcamp.html
    All I can say is, alright!

Public Beta now available and will be available in Leopard! SWEET!

Get it here
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/publicbeta.html

heh, if mac owners like windows and intel so much, they might as well buy a real pc *awaits the flak*

hahaha!

the only reason why Mac users need windows on their machines is for things like... GAMES!!! hehehe

and some very few software that don't have a mac version for it.

yeah macs are good for graphics and music...more reliable than windows too. i might have to look into a mac for my next machine...

you should dude... you really should... hehehe

yeh get a macbook pro!

if this works .. my next notebook will definately be a macbook pro or whatever Apple has available around that time.

Been looking at a small form factor pc but couldn't decide on which one of the ugly designs to get. Thought about the Mac Mini 2 using Intel and the hack to get Windows running but didn't like the idea of being at the leading edge only to come a cropper later. Now with Boot Camp this is a possibility!
    This is a good move for Apple as it ensures that Mac owners will retain OS X on their hardware rather than completely reformatting and using just Windows.

I love the Mac Pro keyboard and wonder if there is official emulation software to allow me to use it under Windows?

the MBP keyboard will work on Windows just like any Apple Keyboard on a PC and the same goes for a PC Keyboard on a Mac machine.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong
    heh, if mac owners like windows and intel so much, they might as well buy a real pc *awaits the flak*
    Sheesh, finally pc users have run out of excuses. They can retain that dated 80's interface they love so much and still use a mac...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast