Mong Kok vs Retail

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Acer is the least reliable in my experience.

Asus, Toshiba, Fujitsu, Dell, Samsung, LG, should all be good.

Avoid Acer the most. Also you should look past HP, Compaq, and probably Sony since it's overpriced. The first list of brands should have good enough deals that you don't need to consider these ones.

Asus has a 2 year international warranty on their laptops. I have an Asus and am happy with it so far. Dell have been my favourite overall though, but they only put good video cards on their huge models.

I'm pretty pissed off with Dell's lower end stuff .. had two computers and a laptop go out on me over the last year or so. Their high end computers seem to last for ever.

Big fan of Toshibas and Sonys as far as laptops go.

No one has mentioned IBM ThinkPads ... and I can vouch that it should stay that way. My X31's battery holds charge for a whole hour of constant use. It's been that way since it was one year into its three-year warranty. Mind you it is Xtremely well put together. Can't comment on the Lenovo range.

I swear by Dell now. They're used by the Federal government in the US and the prices can't be beat if you know someone stateside with a company discount. I'm on my Dell 9400 right now and it absolutely kicks ass. I've never owned a more stable computer - desktop or laptop. This is a huge, top of the line machine and I love it

I agree, go for a dell! I have had 4 in the last 2 years. Have a look on the www.dell.com.hk website. But also if you know anyone in the UK, look at the Dell Outlet website. I got a Dell 9300, 1.86GHZ, 17inch, 256 graphics, 80gb hard drive for just under 600 GBP (8000HKD)

Not a bad deal. I got myself a 9400/e1705 with 1 gig of ram, core duo 2.0, 100 gig SATA HDD, geforce 7800 card and a 17" wxga display for $15,000 HKD. I upgraded the RAM to 2 gigs after I got it. Just added a Bluetooth module so now I can sync with my PDA without using any wires.

You can get great price on dell in uk because they get featured on watchdog so much. I have acer ferrari it's the best computer I have ever had and acer are good at customer service.

Just like dell if you buy in uk from either of two main online only stores you can get clearance models as well. just go to google uk and key in acer.

Honstly though prices here are better. And the guys here seem more willing to throw in freebies.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong
    Not a bad deal. I got myself a 9400/e1705 with 1 gig of ram, core duo 2.0, 100 gig SATA HDD, geforce 7800 card and a 17" wxga display for $15,000 HKD. I upgraded the RAM to 2 gigs after I got it. Just added a Bluetooth module so now I can sync with my PDA without using any wires.
    I've had a look at the 9400 and it was a pretty impressive machine with a nice screen... is it a pain in the @rse carrying it around?? How long did it take for it to be delivered??

This is just my opinion based on what I've experienced so far, Dell and IBM are on top performance wise, had bad experiences with Compaq and Acer. Sony is a good innovator but they don't know how to control the market, too F..k..g expensive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2