Mong Kok vs Retail

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mong Kok vs Retail

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a laptop and wanted to know if it was worthwhile shopping around and bargaining in Mong Kok/Sham Shui Po or just buy it from a respectable establishment to be safe??

tks

R

Wanchai and Mongkok are fine to buy from, you will of course get a much better range of laptops than from say a retail store such as broadway and fortress etc.

Just check that it will have a decent international warranty english windows etc and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the speedy response... Any recommendations for brands to buy or avoid?? I suppose I'm looking to spend about HK$10,000 (or less), will this be enough to be able to play games with moderate graphics??

10k should get you a decent one yes.

Asus and Acer are some of the more popular brands out here and good specs and cheap prices.

Avoid Benq though as I have had the hd fail on me twice in a year and at least it was both covered by warranty. First time it happened was when the laptop was only 2 weeks old!

I'll be in Wanchai computer centre tomorrow afternoon sometime so will keep an eye out for you.

I've heard that Sony's look nice but the battery sucks is that true??

What do u think of DELL, Toshiba??

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldinho
    I've heard that Sony's look nice but the battery sucks is that true??

What do u think of DELL, Toshiba??
    Vaio's look nice but are well overpriced for what you get the reliability isn't as good as what you'd expect.

Dell are good if clunkylooking but there are no retail stores here in hk where you can physically buy one there and then its still mail order. Theres a small store in wanchai computer centre where you can play around with them etc but can't actually buy.

Toshiba's are good too but again they're one of the premium brands so you won't get value for money.

Are ASUS and Acer fairly reliable??

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldinho
    Are ASUS and Acer fairly reliable??
    Yes of course, they're two of the biggest names out here and very popular.

Hi,

If you are looking to find a bargain, check this out www.dell.hk.com I am using one and it is ok, i can't find any other that can beat their price. They have stalls in both Mongkok and Wanchai Computer Centers. Try it, although they don't have it stock but you can order it's yours within a week.

Rimo

Yeah battery on Vaios really suck. I have a VGN-A series and only get 2 hours from a full charge. Apart from that I've found it to work pretty well. Haven't had any failures as yet (20 months) although I could do with more RAM to run PS Creative Suites.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast