PCCW BB issues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

on my latest test, HGC international back bone has turned out to be shit. As I predicted 2 years ago when they lost their head engineers. The company is a total mess. Their connectivity to europe is a joke and I will post some ping graphs which you can compare with PCCW and Diyixian. Most ISPs are avoid their circuits too.

Today one of my customers modem blew which runs a Netfront a 4/4M circuit. They had a standard non fixed IP netvigator circuit and it was nice to that plugging the Netfront router to it, got the customer back on line. It still seems that you can use one ISP login details to login into another if you are using PCCW DSL

It is interesting to see that they can provide different SLAs on the DSL distribution network, as I found that the 8Mbit Netvigator circuit would not go past 2Mbit.

FYI - Before and After

One image is the fastest response I managed to get ( the lowest times ) yesterday and then after reset by power down of the modem router I found ( the highest times ).

Today we are running around 800ms.

My colleague suggests HK Broadband (100mb/s) for just $99 a month, sounds like a bargain compared to PCCW.

For myself I would rather solve the problem I see rather than go with another ISP that is by no means giving a better service. As recorded on this site.

Boris - I'd call PCCW... should be fixable given that the pings you've copy / pasted indicate that this should be a specific issue .. should not be a systemwide problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2