Like Tree9Likes

URGENT! excel~ making columns stick?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dreadnought

Do you mean multiple pages orginating from the same sheet?

If so, go into print preview, select the page setup and there is a header/footer tab. You can put in a standard or custom header in there.

What version are you using?

lol! glad i'm not the only one having a tough time remembering how to use the darned programme!

Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi:
    Dreadnought

Do you mean multiple pages orginating from the same sheet?

If so, go into print preview, select the page setup and there is a header/footer tab. You can put in a standard or custom header in there.
    No I meant freezing the top row of a table - a loooooong table that goes several pages. But thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi:
    What version are you using?
    Excel 2003.
    Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    lol! glad i'm not the only one having a tough time remembering how to use the darned programme!
    I thought myself to be an advanced user in Excel and Word, but could never figure these bits out!
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 23-06-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Hi,

Is it possible to freeze the overhead rows AND a bunch of columns on the left, so that I can see them both when scrolling down AND sideways? If so, how?

Thanks,

Dreadnought

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    Hi,

Is it possible to freeze the overhead rows AND a bunch of columns on the left, so that I can see them both when scrolling down AND sideways? If so, how?

Thanks,

Dreadnought
    Yes you can. Let's say you have your header columns on row 4 and you also would like to freeze column A, B and C. Now you go to the cell D4 and then click on Window in the menu bar and select Freeze Panes. This should do it.
    Dreadnought likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    Hi,

Thanks,

Dreadnought
    Select the cell immediately below the frozen row and to the right of the last column (e.g. B2 if it were a single row header and single column) then select 'Freeze Panes'
    Dreadnought likes this.

Seems so logical, I really ought to have figured that one out myself. Thanks fellas.