Like Tree7Likes

ps3 nowtv Decoder

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Yes true, it is not ideal for everyone I am using a slim ps3 they are better for heat, <<

Not really. I know people who have messed up their 120 and 250 Slims but again its your call.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff:
    I doubt it will have my TV (only sold in Japan) or the QNAP Network Media Player but I am prepared to teach it those.
    I think you will be surprised. I just checked the database (which you will not be able to see yourself unless you download the software and create an account for yourself) and it supports QNAP NMP-1000. I have a TVIX-4100 (Korean media player) myself and I was also surprised that it picked it up fine, including special functions like being able to delete files from the hard disk, etc.

By the way, in the software database you will need to look under "Media Center PC" to find the QNAP. Its a bit hard to find and no search function, but it is in there. You will know what I mean once you download and try it out.

The logitech database is very impressive. But yes, if something is not in the database then you just need to teach it and there are software wizards for that.
    Last edited by bdw; 29-06-2010 at 05:20 PM.

Oh great - I had a quick look on their website (there is a search tool to check compatibility) and didn't see any option for media player. But I have a NMP-1000 so that is perfect. Just got home so will check the TV model now. However, I am happy to program in the power, volume up/down and AV mode change myself as those at the only buttons we use on the TV remote!

Going to order myself one now if it supports the Now TV handset too

Last edited by Geoff; 29-06-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Oh great - I had a quick look on their website (there is a search tool to check compatibility) and didn't see any option for media player. But I have a NMP-1000 so that is perfect. Just got home so will check the TV model now. However, I am happy to program in the power, volume up/down and AV mode change myself as those at the only buttons we use on the TV remote!

Going to order myself one now if it supports the Now TV handset too
    Geoff, which one are you going to order and where from?

Now 6916H
    Sharp LC-52GX4W
    QNAP NMP-1000
    Sony STR-KS2000

All supported natively, wow. Too good to be true!

I'll get the 650 for $599. Bunch of shops sell here

Harmony Promo 2010 May

Will pick one up from Wanchai Computer Centre next time I'm down there.

bdw

Now 6916H
    Sharp LC-52GX4W
    QNAP NMP-1000
    Sony STR-KS2000

All supported natively, wow. Too good to be true!
    Yep. It really is a painless setup.

Now I remember the problem I had with NowTV (it was about 3 months ago when I got mine). I have the 6916H as well (which is the HD set top box), but it was not in the database. So I chose the 6911H, which I think is the older SD box. Every button and function worked flawlessly except it didnt power off when it was suppose to. So I just overrode and learned this one function and then everything was happy. Another tip was I had to use the "RAW" learning mode in the advanced learning options rather than the normal learning mode.

It seems like the 6916H has since been added to the database. So you may not have this problem. Maybe I will go home tonight and update my remote, although I am not sure it will add any new function since I dont think I am missing any functions now anyway.

I bought mine from Mongkok computer center. There is about 3 or 4 shops selling them. They were all selling them for $900. Then suddenly I found a shop on the top floor who had a promotion for $400. Thats when I jumped on it.

Neonpunch has an article about it!

Logitech Simplifies Your Remote Life In 3 Easy Steps : NeonPunch: Hong Kong&#039;s Gadget & Gear Buying Guide Blog

Me thinks I'm going to get the 650 as well!! I do like the Harmony One, but I just can't justify paying HK$2k for a remote!!!

Actually very easy to setup, basically just sign into the playstation store, you will have a TV menu, next the video menu and you can install the nowtv icon, also the ps3 has to be a HK model. I using it now for nowtv, I actually really like it. I only have two remotes now. The only pain is calling pccw, actually I think once you install the application there is an option to make an appointment without calling them or have them call you.

Not sure if the Harmony will work with the PS3 because the PS3 isn't infrared - but I found a cheap (under US$20) solution on Amazon.com - which is an infrared remote for the PS3 which comes with a USB infrared receiver.

The control is a load of rubbish but you only need it once to get your 'All-in-one' remote to learn off the infrared one.

I have had my Logitech remote sat on the shelf for a while now as I was a bit worried about programming it, but this thread has convinced me to give it a go.

Thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast