Like Tree7Likes

ps3 nowtv Decoder

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

You are right. The PS3 remote uses bluetooth so cannot be controlled with the normal harmony remotes.

But if I remember correctly, logitech had a particular harmony model that is supposed to work with PS3. Or maybe it just included an infrared adaptor for PS3 or something like this. Since I dont have a PS3, I didnt look at it in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    You are right. The PS3 remote uses bluetooth so cannot be controlled with the normal harmony remotes.

But if I remember correctly, logitech had a particular harmony model that is supposed to work with PS3. Or maybe it just included an infrared adaptor for PS3 or something like this. Since I dont have a PS3, I didnt look at it in detail.
    Simple google search, Logitech has an adaptor for the ps3:

Harmony® Adapter for PLAYSTATION®3

That one is US$60. The other one I found on Amazon was about US$15 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Even with NowTV for example, the remote has the 4 colour buttons on it and they all work the same as the original Now remote. The INFO, MENU buttons, program guide, favourites, subtitles, and all buttons just worked straight away out of the box without doing anything. Some buttons that are specific to NowTV (therefore are not hard buttons on the logitech remote) showed up automatically on the LCD panel of the remote.

Hey BDW - you convinced me to finally set up my logitech remote which has been sitting on the shelf for a while. Very impressed with the set up - it is easy - but I couldn't get it working for the NowTV box.

I found the make / model number to be Simplay 6911H which isn't listed by Logitech. How did you get round this?

Thanks
    Last edited by HKNewBi; 04-07-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Try looking under Now rather than Simplay.

HKNewBi likes this.

obvious when you think about it! Thanks, worked a treat.

Im glad you got it working and found it as easy to set up as I did!

The batteries just ran out on mine after about 2-3 months of use. Its not bad I guess given that all the keys are backlit and has an LCD. But I've invested in a set or rechargables anyway.

mine sits in a cradle so should stay charged.

Only thing I find a bit odd, and maybe this is a setting, is a delay from pressing an activity and the control doing anything. Seems to be a 2 second delay.

I dont really notice any annoying delay with mine. Maybe I am just happy because Im pretty slow and it used to take me more than 2 seconds to figure out which remote to pick up to do something before.

Also, if I remember correctly, I think there is some finetuning you can do to control the delay between IR blasts. As an example, some TV's have discreet buttons and separate IR codes for switching inputs but some only have a toggle or cycle button. So in some cases, to switch from "HDMI1" to "VIDEO1" or something similar may involve having to press the input button 3 times for example (to be clear, this is a limitation of the TV that there is no discreet button to go directly to VIDEO1). But all of this is built into the logitech database and the harmony knows exactly what to do and it will fire off 3 blasts automatically if there is no single code to go directly to VIDEO1. But you can adjust the delay between blasts so that it is optimised for speed and how long the TV needs between blasts to actually respond.

The default settings are pretty intelligent and you dont have to worry about this. But this is just some advanced tweaking you can do.

Anyone know the model number of the standard Now TV set top box? The small oval shaped one?